RZ500 Project

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
www.nationalsuperbike.com
For all of you Yamaha fanatics, I'm working on a RZ500 for a guy who is creating a road legal replica of Kenny Roberts last GP bike. Super cool. If you're interested in watching the 85 Yamaha RZ500 come together in it's final phase, check out my site at www.nationalsuperbike.com under the featured content. Lots of cool stuff. We will be painting it like the red/white/blue Kenny Roberts bike in the Yamaha museum. There is already a ton of money invested in this bike (hand made aluminum tank, PM wheels, lots of engine work, race swingarm, etc) and the replica paint should finish it off nicely. No doubt, there will be a video filmed when we fire it up. Nothing sounds like a V-4 two stroke. Here is the starting point and the model.
RZ500-start.jpg

OW76-2.jpg

phil737

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought you might like to see a couple old pics of some guy named "Eddie" riding a street version. A good friend of mine had the pleasure of restoring this very bike a year or two ago.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought you might like to see a couple old pics of some guy named "Eddie" riding a street version. A good friend of mine had the pleasure of restoring this very bike a year or two ago.

Hey DI look ^^^ I ride like Eddie Lawson! So there! :Flip:

Speedfrk - This is going to be cool, I've got you book marked. Have fun with the project, and thanks for sharing this. :cheer:

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
www.nationalsuperbike.com
OK, so here is the finished bike- well, the paint is finished. We left off the nunber plates and sponsor decals so as not to draw the attention of Johnny Law any more than it already will. Since the bike has the Japan only aluminum frame, I suspect that that it is really only legal for shows, track days, etc. The owner is having Lance Gamma custom build some high flow airboxes for it before they fuel it up and bleed out the new oil injection system which is relocated under the front of the gas tank. I kinda want him to gold anodize the wheels so that they look a little closer to the real thing. The polished aluminum is just a little too bling for this bike...
tn_IMG_0014.JPG

tn_IMG_0020.JPG

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats a sweet bike! I wonder if people know that little 500 would eat our 600 and spit it out. Actualy it would be chewing a FZ1 for dessert. Sometimes I miss the old smokies

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I kinda want him to gold anodize the wheels so that they look a little closer to the real thing. The polished aluminum is just a little too bling for this bike...

Totaly agree. Gold wheels would look superb.
No point in polishing a race bike ;)