SA Fizzers....let's go for a spin!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ill have to see how i am later in the week im not so muhc a plan ahead sort of person lol

I am keen to go on any Sunday, but the only thing that is stopping me now is weather...i dont have a bike at the moment, that i want to get dirty, one is detailed for sale, and the other....

This is why i wanna get my butt into gear, and get the TRX on the road....i will ride that in any weather i reckon.

Lets see where we are all at nearer to next Sunday, and hopefully, the weather will "play ball" as well....must say i am looking forward to going on another ride with the Trumpy!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At this stage, I am off Tue morn (will need a nanna-nap until lunch!), Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. (yeah, I work Sat, Sun, unfortunately)

So, if anyone is going to be available on those days, and wants a nice casual ride, I'm up for it!

Just leave a message here, or PM me and we'll work it out!

Cheers,
Rick

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At this stage, I am off Tue morn (will need a nanna-nap until lunch!), Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. (yeah, I work Sat, Sun, unfortunately)

So, if anyone is going to be available on those days, and wants a nice casual ride, I'm up for it!

Just leave a message here, or PM me and we'll work it out!

Cheers,
Rick

I am up for a ride on Monday...all day, and Thursday after 12...I work on Wednesday night! Tuesday and Friday I have my kids!

So if your keen, would love to catch up for a spin on Thursday. Can meet you anywhere that is convenient for you. :thumbup:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds great guys! It'll be nice to put some faces to the internet tags!

I'll meet you anywhere, just after midday Thursday (if that suits)

Look forward to it! (and good luck with the tyre Oz!)

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: Just for clarity, this Monday and next Monday are out too - rotating roster, 4 on, 4 off.....

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds great guys! It'll be nice to put some faces to the internet tags!

I'll meet you anywhere, just after midday Thursday (if that suits)

Look forward to it! (and good luck with the tyre Oz!)

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: Just for clarity, this Monday and next Monday are out too - rotating roster, 4 on, 4 off.....

Woop! This will give me the motivation needed to replace the rather second hand rubber on my fizzer before thursday! Been putting it off, whilst i have been riding the newly finished TRX a lot! :D

I reckon we meet at the Crafers BP at 12.30. I have 2 runs in mind....a short one to Lobethal, or Cudlee Creek (both have good food at the midpoint stop! :D)....nice run! or a longer run to Strath....also a nice run, with the bonus of stopping at Garage Motorcycles to have a great coffe, a pie, and a drool over all the delectable Aprillia's in their shop!

We can decide which run we wanna do, at Crafers, i reckon. :thumbup:

Looking forward to meeting another SA Fizzer! :thumbup:

And it would be great to see you there Mick....you need to get out for a social ride buddy! :thumbup:

And it would be great to see Dave (Stumbles), and Andy (Apollo), on his lovely Triumph ST, but i reckon Mikey (Ozzieboy) is out due to work, as i presume will be the case for Jay (JayJay) with his heavily used black FZ6N!, and his buddy Spook on his mighty little GPZ250....

But, if anyone else can make it, including SA lurkers....

:thumbup:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just hope I have no problems with the service tomorrow/Wednesday!

(shouldn't be a problem, but its my first service on the FZ6 since I purchased it!)

Going NGK Iridium, Motul 7100 10W40, Purolator oil filter (imported), hopefully my K&N Air filter will be here, Boneman's headlight mod, Tectaloy 90 Plus complete fill or Tectaloy Extra Cool concentrate. (always with demin water)

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Rick

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just hope I have no problems with the service tomorrow/Wednesday!

(shouldn't be a problem, but its my first service on the FZ6 since I purchased it!)

Going NGK Iridium, Motul 7100 10W40, Purolator oil filter (imported), hopefully my K&N Air filter will be here, Boneman's headlight mod, Tectaloy 90 Plus complete fill or Tectaloy Extra Cool concentrate. (always with demin water)

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Rick

Only other thing i would suggest is a Power Commander, and a decent session on the dyno....cleans things up nicely, gets rid of any snatchiness from a dead throttle...

Wait till you notice the difference in the gear change, once you get that 7100 in there...that stuff is liquid gold!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Only other thing i would suggest is a Power Commander, and a decent session on the dyno....cleans things up nicely, gets rid of any snatchiness from a dead throttle...

Sounds like an expensive enterprise. What's a dyno run cost in Adel?

I'm hoping to be able to build a manometer this set of days off, to try to sync the throttle bodies, but don't know if I'll have time.

Wait till you notice the difference in the gear change, once you get that 7100 in there...that stuff is liquid gold!

That's what I'm hoping - the previous owner put Shell Advance 20W50 in there, and whilst he was really good at oil change intervals, I'm hoping that's what is making 5th and 6th so difficult to catch.

I mean, I know the Fizzer gearbox is clunky, but I obsess about changing into 5th and 6th.....

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. Any thoughts on the longevity of the 7100? (When should I change it)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like an expensive enterprise. What's a dyno run cost in Adel?

I'm hoping to be able to build a manometer this set of days off, to try to sync the throttle bodies, but don't know if I'll have time.

That's what I'm hoping - the previous owner put Shell Advance 20W50 in there, and whilst he was really good at oil change intervals, I'm hoping that's what is making 5th and 6th so difficult to catch.

I mean, I know the Fizzer gearbox is clunky, but I obsess about changing into 5th and 6th.....

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. Any thoughts on the longevity of the 7100? (When should I change it)

Re the gear change, the longer you use the the 7100, the better it gets, until you forget that gearbox was ever clunky. Mine smoothed out completely at about 20000km's, and now at 50000km's, it is smoother than its ever been.

As for life expectancy, unless you are flogging the absolute pi$$ out of the bike, 5000km's is about when the 7100 starts to feel a bit old...you can definitely notice the change in gear changes, and engine sound somewhere near there, so the oil will tell you when it needs to be changed essentially.

If I go on a ride to somewhere like PI and back, and give the bike a fair bit of stick in the process, I like to change oil before I go, and when I come home...

And I gotta say, I gave flogged this FZ6 reasonably hard for most of its life, lots of touring, 2 up, heaps of sports riding, lots of hot weather riding, and after 50000km's, the motor is showing no signs at all of getting tired, or noisy in any way!

As for the dyno tune, about $300, plus the power commander 3 at about $250.

But for your money you get a lot of bang... Extra HP, and better fuel economy in most cases, etc...

Apart from braided lines, and a radial pull front brake lever, about the most useful mod I have done on an FZ6...

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, first ride after the oil/filter change.

Problem - the neutral light stays on until the revs get up a bit in gear....

Is this something I should be concerned about? (does the neutral indicator run on oil pressure, and with the thinner oil, the pressure is lower?)

And Wolfie, I'd have to say the box is even MORE notchy!

Crapola!!!!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
See you at 1230hrs! (Umm, I'll be wearing a blue FZ6, so you can identify me!)

Just hope this neutral light thing doesn't mean anything!

LOL!

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Problem - the neutral light stays on until the revs get up a bit in gear....

If you washed it you may have got water in it,my 05 used to do it all the time,strange that my 06 dont ?

Wolfman tells me he wont be there till more like 1pm,he had a big night at work.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you washed it you may have got water in it,my 05 used to do it all the time,strange that my 06 dont ?

Wolfman tells me he wont be there till more like 1pm,he had a big night at work.

Yeah, I considered the water in the electrics, but it was still doing it after a ride and lengthy warm up. We'll see if it dries out with a decent strap!

Thanks for the advice about the Wolfman too. I rode into Edwardstown on my Fizzer to be with my son during the cycling comp, and will check here before leaving.

(if I leave here about 1230, I'll probably be there around 1250. (but, like I said, I'll check in here to see if Wolfman is going to be early/late.)

Do you know if anybody else is riding? On second thoughts, it might be worth getting there at 1230 anywhere, just case!

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I cant come Rick,but my bike is "elswhere" at the moment and I couldnt get it back in time to put a tyre on it.........next time.

Have a great ride :thumbup:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No worries at all Mick! Definitely next time, Mate.

I'm working Sat/Sun this week, and Sun next week (plus others) so I'll be available for a Saturday ride next weekend, and a Sat and/or Sun the following weekend.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited: