Saddle bag rcomendations?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the wife and i just picked up some Cortech soft saddle bags and they looks like great quality and very easy to install.

Scooter56

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got some Givi soft luggage and it's mounted on the bike. It looks very good - until the snow melts, I won't know how it works out. All I know is I cannot wait to get the bike out again!!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I started out with the Cortecs but didn't like the way the whole system mounted up with the tail bag. I think the only way to mount the tail bag is to connect it to the saddle bags.

I have the Nelson Riggs Saddle bags and large tail bag. Look for my thread about upcoming florida trip. I included pictures of mine and how they mounted.

-bryan

edit: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/3011-upcoming-trip-southern-florida-2.html#post29948

I am still waking up so I am slowly remembering things about these bags.
Overall I was impressed with how much I could get in them. Heat from the exhaust was not an issue, however they do come with some pad that you velcro to the side of the bag to help stop heat. I didn't use them.

The other thing was rain. The bags come with rain flys and they slip on from the side, but they do not go up far enough on the inside. At one point the rain flys were actually holding water. I have been meaning to call Nelson-Rigg and see what I can do about that. But I think I need to run that small pad that they include for heat resistance. It might help block the moisture better.

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I started out with the Cortecs but didn't like the way the whole system mounted up with the tail bag. I think the only way to mount the tail bag is to connect it to the saddle bags.

I am ordering a set of Cortech's bags (my first set of bike luggage ever). I find your comment re: attachment of the Cortech tail bag interesting...why would that be an issue? :confused:
I'm trying to decide which Cortech tail bag to order with the Cortech saddlebags. I initially liked the idea of the Cortech tailbag attaching directly to the saddlebags, but as I mentioned, I know nothing of travelling with luggage on a bike.:eek:

MrTurner

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL - sorry guys, I had to just comment when I saw the topic.. Over here, some people refer to ladies boobs as saddlebags :D

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I am ordering a set of Cortech's bags (my first set of bike luggage ever). I find your comment re: attachment of the Cortech tail bag interesting...why would that be an issue? :confused:
I'm trying to decide which Cortech tail bag to order with the Cortech saddlebags. I initially liked the idea of the Cortech tailbag attaching directly to the saddlebags, but as I mentioned, I know nothing of travelling with luggage on a bike.:eek:

I am pretty sure they were Cortech's, not 100% and I have my father looking into it to make sure. But what ever set I had wouldnt allow you to run just the tail bag. You had to run the saddlebags, because the saddlebags had female connectors on them and the tail bag only had male connectors. This is also a problem if you want to run a luggage rack and mount the tail bag there in order to let a passanger ride.

-bryan

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am currently looking at MotoPak Luggage. Excellent reviews and affrodable. I am looking at their GTS 90 tail bags. I will most likely order in a few weeks.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the wife and i just picked up some Cortech soft saddle bags and they looks like great quality and very easy to install.

:needpics:
Mind taking a few snapshots of your new saddlebags mounted on your bike? I currently have the cortech tank-back, but would like to eventually get the saddlebags to match.:p

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:needpics:
Mind taking a few snapshots of your new saddlebags mounted on your bike? I currently have the cortech tank-back, but would like to eventually get the saddlebags to match.:p

sure, next time i make it out to get my bike (hopefully to bring it home for the summer soon) i will mount up the bags and take some pics.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys so I looked into it, It was Dowco Saddlebags that I had. Sorry about that. Dowco Value Kit, it came with saddlebags and tail bag. just FYI

Yanzer49

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys.. hv anyone got Bagster's saddle bags? There are two sizes here in singapore.. Thinking of getting them.. anyone got any reviews on those?

Thanks Guys..

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the Nelson Riggs. Got them and a tailbag from newenough for under a 100$. The tailbag is a nice red that matches the bike, unfortunately they were not amking the red saddlkebags any more so i got those in grey. The tailbag is really great for daytrips. My only complaint on the saddlebags is that i cant fit my tent and sleeping bag. Although thats probably more due to the excessive size of the bag.

Saddlebags:

Nelson-Rigg Sphere Saddlebags - Indysuperbikes

Tailbag:

Nelson Rigg Tailpack - Indysuperbikes

I believe they come in blue to if you have one of "those" :0

good luck

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
anyone have an opinion on the TEKNICS saddle bags? i am looking for another set so that we can have a set for each bike. Planning on some longet trips this summer.