Sank our Jet Ski

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, this happened on july fourth weekend but I just got it running again...

so on Sunday the 5th we had our two jet ski's out for the holiday weekend (96 yamaha wave raiders)

Long story short, I let these two girls (family friends) take one out. The girl driving was 21 in the Navy and had I quote "was just riding jet ski's in Mexico". Well about 30 min goes by and all of a sudden a stranger pulls up on his jet ski with one of the girls on it. Apparently they were going about 25 and ran into the reef, and the ski was half sunk....... WHY they were driving so close to shore is beyond me. Any way I was able to tow it in and get on the trailer.

last week I was able to take all the spark plugs out and turn the motor over to expel the water, spray wd40 and starter fluid and everything I could think of to displace the water and after about 4 hours of doing that it finally started up. Well our "hull" guy finally got a look at the pictures of the hole and told us he could repair it but I would have to take the motor out so he could get to it....

apparently it's not toooooo hard to take the motor out

just thought i would rant a little.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know much about jet skis but I read somewhere that they were supposed to be unsinkable.

Then again the first time I rode one the guy pushing the rides said that they were so safe you couldn't capsizse them.
I do love a challenge.................................................

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe jet skis are like motorcycles? You shouldn't let anyone ride yours. Sorry to hear about the incident, I hope the repairs go well and don't cost too much.