Scarabeo 200

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A little advice needed. I'm driving a '98 Chevy Blazer with over 220,000 miles on it. It's been an awesome car but it's tired. I have a 1.75 mile commute to my business in a small town and have been seriously considering replacing the Blazer with a scooter to commute on and to do some local deliveries. Today, one of my customers showed up on a Aprillia Scarabeo 200 scooter which really impressed me. After some research, I found that the Aprillia got great reviews, doesn't cost that much, etc. What do you all think about replacing the old car with the Aprillia Scarabeo 200 scooter?.....

Oh, and as a side note my wife love Aprillia's and this might be the perfect vehicle to get her back on a bike for some local outings with me. :thumbup:

Last edited:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Scarabeo is a great looking scoot. I don't know a lot about the Italian makes, apart from the fact that they're not as affordable as the Taiwanese or Japanese makes. I bought a Kymco People 150 and spent $40 on a sidecase mount to go sideways on its rack so I could use one of my FZ6's cases on it. So I've got 36 liters plus the limited underseat storage, all waterproof. But I have to sacrifice some to my chain/lock and rain gear. And when I take it to work, the helmet and safety gear fill the side/top case once I get off, so anything large I take to work goes into the office with me. The scooter is a lot of fun, though. Those skinny tires turn quick.

One word of advice on scooters, though. Cagers are EVEN MORE LIKELY to pull out in front of you, and on a 200, you'll likely be doing significant speed some of the time. I've locked the front wheel a coupla times, enough that I practiced it so now I handle it better.

Oh, and I'm real pleased with the Kymco. No affiliation or kickback going on here. I bought with 3900 miles, at 5300 now after 4 months. Given the difference in operating cost versus my cage, it's about 2/3 paid for, I think. And a lot of fun to ride.

View attachment 43757

mayassa

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Honda reflex 250 its fun to ride and great on gas. I use it for running into town on the weekends in the country.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know that I'd get rid of the Blazer all together, but the scooter makes complete sense, whichever one you get. I'd do the same thing if I lived close enough to work.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been keeping the Blazer on life support for a couple of years now just using it for local deliveries but my wife and I have already gotten it's replacement with her new Nissan SUV last year. :thumbup:

I do make the walk to work sometimes but my wife and I go for a 3 mile walk around our small town almost everynight when we we get home from work. :D

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Lefty, I say if your lovely wife is positive-minded about the Aprillia acquisition, then go for it. Yeah, she may end up falling in love with it and then you can both go riding on separate horses. Next thing you know, her girl friends will get into it, too, and then, who knows? :rockon:

jeschkee

Reaction score
Visit site
A little advice needed. I'm driving a '98 Chevy Blazer with over 220,000 miles on it. It's been an awesome car but it's tired. I have a 1.75 mile commute to my business in a small town and have been seriously considering replacing the Blazer with a scooter to commute on and to do some local deliveries. Today, one of my customers showed up on a Aprillia Scarabeo 200 scooter which really impressed me. After some research, I found that the Aprillia got great reviews, doesn't cost that much, etc. What do you all think about replacing the old car with the Aprillia Scarabeo 200 scooter?.....

Oh, and as a side note my wife love Aprillia's and this might be the perfect vehicle to get her back on a bike for some local outings with me. :thumbup:

If you like Aprillia look at the SportCity 250. The new Piaggio BV 350 is nice but there are no used ones as they just came out with the new engine & transmission. Along with the FZ6, I have a Vespa GTS 300 and a genuine Buddy 125 just in town. I ride the vespa the most. The Buddy is great for my 5 mile commute to work, 85-90 mpg.