Sealed Lead Acid Battery

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I just bougt a new battery to my other little virago bike. A 12V 9A/h sealed lead acid battery. But no instructions with it. So anyone knows about the installation, i mean shall i charge it before i put it on as regular lead acid batteries or just put it on and go?

Any tips would be nice.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I just bougt a new battery to my other little virago bike. A 12V 9A/h sealed lead acid battery. But no instructions with it. So anyone knows about the installation, i mean shall i charge it before i put it on as regular lead acid batteries or just put it on and go?

Any tips would be nice.

Yepper Aydin, put it on an automatic charger (1-1.25amp), (just like your FZ battery-its also sealed) and let it fully charge until you get the green light! They come 80% charged when acid is added. Trickle charging brings it up to 100% and you'll get longer life out of it..

Read line #7 from Yuasa; Yuasa Batteries - FAQ's

"7. The battery, after being filled with acid has been left too long without initial charging, and has been allowed to become sulfated".

Last edited:

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Scott. Negative thing about sealed batteries is not to know if it has been waiting too long in the shelf. I hope not.

I'll put it in the charger tonight then.

:thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Scott. Negative thing about sealed batteries is not to know if it has been waiting too long in the shelf. I hope not.

I'll put it in the charger tonight then.

:thumbup:

The sealed battery life, the "clock" starts once you put acid in it. Its the same as the FZ battery.

I have a spare, brand new battery (not filled) waiting to get filled and charged once mine fully fails (its slowly beginning to fail)