Shoei xr 1000 vs xr1100

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to buy a new helmet. And 1 september the new xr1100 comes out. But now you can get great prices for the older xr1000. Now my question: would you guys wait for the new one that will cost 399euro, or would you buy the xr1000 now for a 299euro? These are the prices for non-graphic helmets. I like them black or dark grey ;) Thanks for you opinion.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:cheer:
I want to buy a new helmet. And 1 september the new xr1100 comes out. But now you can get great prices for the older xr1000. Now my question: would you guys wait for the new one that will cost 399euro, or would you buy the xr1000 now for a 299euro? These are the prices for non-graphic helmets. I like them black or dark grey ;) Thanks for you opinion.
I bought the XR-1000 last week - flutter blue - love it. Would buy the new helmet always over the older model. Great air-flow and the pads are really comfortable. The new graphics are always cooler as well.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
My new helmet is either the R-1000 or the xr-1000 (can't remember) if it is an upgrade from the old helmet, I don't think it really matters. My old was a scorpion exo 700, and I loved it....until I put on the Shoei! Much lighter and better airflow.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I too came from a Scorpion EXO 700 to a Shoei RF1000. Most noticeable difference for me was the weight of the helmet and it was quieter. But also I noticed the the Shoe chin guard was very close to my chin. The Scorpion added some more distance, so that you weren't kissing your chin guard all the time.

Also ALL my pads on the Scorpion came off so I could wash them. I only could remove a few of the pads on my Shoei to wash. I was wondering if the padding that is on the top front of the helmet, that covers your forehead comes off? I looked at it, and I really couldn't figure out on my own if it did or not. But I sure would like to wash it.

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
where did you see the prices????

for 100e diference, i would definitely get the 1100, unless they play marketing games and release just the 1-colour shell untill sales start dropping.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
where did you see the prices????

for 100e diference, i would definitely get the 1100, unless they play marketing games and release just the 1-colour shell untill sales start dropping.

Well, I went to a local helmet store and there they said it would be 399 for the new 1100 in 1-colour. For the multi-colour types the prices where around 479 euro. But I decided what to do: I'm going for the new one. :)
Thanks for all the reactions!! The waiting for the new one will be long though. ;)

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Here you can see the design of the new 1100.
SHOEI Europe

I have a flip-up helmet now, because I have glasses. And initially I was going to get the shoei multitec. But when I was at a helmetstore, I tried the xr-1000 because it looked much better than the multitec. But I thought that it was nothing for me because of my glasses. But I noticed that it was glasses-friendly!! This in contrary to the arai-helmets. So now I can have a safe, great looking and comfortable helmet for less money than the multitec(450euro).
The multitec has a whisper-kit included for that 450 euro though.