Shopping for Exhausts

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
So I'd love to install a new exhaust system on the bike sometime this winter, around the spring perhaps. I'd love a beefier sound but I'm wondering if there's a brand out there that will give you a good sound but won't be obnoxiously loud?

I've seen Two Bros, Scorpion and M4 brands out there, but they all seem to be pretty loud, although I can't know without hands-on experience, which is why I'm asking you all. If there's no in-between, then well, I'll probably have to err on the side of obnoxious. :)

I searched a bit and didn't find any similar threads. Thanks for your opinions!

alexis

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the 2 bros yesterday and i can assure you that there LOUD. From what i now, most exhausts are quite loud (M4, Leos, Akram, Scorp). The only pipes that i believed are not as Loud are IXIL exhausts, check it out.

hlmaholic

Reaction score
Visit site
i got devils on mine and the way they come with the db killers in it wasnt bad still sounded nice when u got on the gas though but they sound mean when i took those db killers out

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Hm, I'll have to look into the Devils...

So if I put DB killers into any of those "LOUD" exhausts, and were quick to upshift, would I really be any louder than a typical ear-busting Harley out there? The more I think about it, the more I think that if I'm not being a total d-bag and revving at high-rpms in the middle of town, I should be alright.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a pair of M4's last week just waiting for them arrive, will be happy to give a review once they are installed :p

Definately worth checking utube or manufacturers videos for what sounds nice, its never going to be exact unless a dealer has one on a bike nearby (or a friend) but its a reasonable indication!
If your not looking to hurt any feelings then I've heard the DB killers in some exhausts are definately worth the extra $$$

Bagzter

Reaction score
Visit site
I've just fit some Scorpion cans to my S2, and tbh they arent much louder than the standard silencer, that is if you leave the supplied db killers in, head over to youtube there are plenty of vids showing the differnt zorst sounds with and with out db killers fitted in different systems:thumbup:

jbwn87

Reaction score
Visit site
nice information, i am also new to the pipe shopping and wondering if any of these are stand-outs in terms of hp gain? deffinately looking for a meaty sound but would love an increase in power...
ty

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
nice information, i am also new to the pipe shopping and wondering if any of these are stand-outs in terms of hp gain? deffinately looking for a meaty sound but would love an increase in power...
ty

You wont see too much increase in HP gain UNLESS you also add in a Power Commander + a few dyno runs with tuning.

rickawd

Reaction score
Visit site
My alum Leos just came in today, hopefully I'll install them saturday. Apparrently they come with 2 db killing options, so i hope to tailor the sound level to my liking.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Someone recently posted the figures on replacing the standard exhaust with an aftermarket and all but one exhaust was basically a loss of power. I think only the Leo's saw a gain and it wasn't significant while the lasers saw a major drop in power.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my Leo's for a while now and the sound is just right to me with the DB killers left in. It has fetched many complements for the tone and not being obnoxiously loud. - my two cents

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
I have had my Leo's for a while now and the sound is just right to me with the DB killers left in. It has fetched many complements for the tone and not being obnoxiously loud. - my two cents

Coworker of mine who used to have a Leo on his Ducati has recommended these as well, although he didn't have db killers in. I like the look of the TB in carbon, Leo Vince looks great in titanium or carbon. Leo Vince seems less expensive though, which may tip the scales in their direction. Sadly, I'm not a fan of the huge logos on either of them. Seriously, giant bright logo on a dark pipe... kinda screws with the color scheme. :)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I'd love to install a new exhaust system on the bike sometime this winter, around the spring perhaps. I'd love a beefier sound but I'm wondering if there's a brand out there that will give you a good sound but won't be obnoxiously loud?

I've seen Two Bros, Scorpion and M4 brands out there, but they all seem to be pretty loud, although I can't know without hands-on experience, which is why I'm asking you all. If there's no in-between, then well, I'll probably have to err on the side of obnoxious. :)

I searched a bit and didn't find any similar threads. Thanks for your opinions!
I've just fitted Scorpion C/F slip-ons to my FZ6N - they look great and hey have a great sound. They are not too loud to be obnoxious but they still get me noticed.....

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Coworker of mine who used to have a Leo on his Ducati has recommended these as well, although he didn't have db killers in. I like the look of the TB in carbon, Leo Vince looks great in titanium or carbon. Leo Vince seems less expensive though, which may tip the scales in their direction. Sadly, I'm not a fan of the huge logos on either of them. Seriously, giant bright logo on a dark pipe... kinda screws with the color scheme. :)

Here is my install link for your reference: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/8759-leo-vince-install.html

Hope it helps with your decision.

n3lrk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Carbon Fiber Leos and I am very happy with them. The price was good compared to 2 Bros. The large bright logos on the cans peel right off.

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
I have the Carbon Fiber Leos and I am very happy with them. The price was good compared to 2 Bros. The large bright logos on the cans peel right off.

Excellent!

Here is my install link for your reference: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/8759-leo-vince-install.html

Hope it helps with your decision.

Absolutely, you both have been extremely helpful. I'm picking up the bike today, once I have cash again (spent as much as I could on the down payment) I'll probably pick up a pair of these guys.

cyprusgrump

Reaction score
www.virtual-pub.com
Can anybody recommend a good supplier that will ship across Europe (to Cyprus) please?

I'm keen on the Scorpion upgrade (or to at least remove that cat before it burns through my leg :( ). All the suppliers I've found so far 'don't ship to your area'.

Thanks for any advice.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Any aftermarket cans with supplied DB killers will be louder than stock - but not obnoxiously or illegally loud. My Scorpions are too loud and painful without them - as will all after-market pipes that are straight-through.

jbwn87

Reaction score
Visit site
ty for the reply. prolly goin with the 2 bros slip on. i have a FE kit, will i have to modify that or maybe get lucky?

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Devil cans db killers out + decat pipe = too loud!

I'm going to have to put the db killers back in or I'll get lifted soon.

Nice to know I can make that amount of noise if I need to!