Two bros

xXFazerXx

Reaction score
Visit site
How's it goin lads. I'm gettin the Two Brothers Carbon fibre slip ons for the fazer, after lookin at all options I've been in love with these from the start, bout time she had a bit of bark about her! Just got a few questions maybe ye could help me out. First of all I'm hearin that the two bros are insanely loud, I heard em a load online but only once from a distance in person, it's definitely the sound I want, love that growl, but are they loud enough to be causin problems? Live in a residential area and commute on her every day don't need the wrong attention so I'm wonderin should I get the baffles as well or do they come with? This is the recommended one. Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart:

Also I'm ordering on Ebay from here I think
04-09 Yamaha FZ6 FZ-6 Two Brothers Exhaust DUAL Carbon : eBay Motors (item 390058447846 end time Mar-07-10 11:03:31 PST)

Anyone in Ireland (where I'm ordering to) have any problems with this, likely to get stung by customs etc? Have never ordered anything from the states before.
Also any opinions on the cans more than welcome too.
Cheers lads. :thumbup:

Juby

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the same exhaust and installed it last month without the baffles ( I had to order them seperately). And I find the videos on the net don't do it justice, They are very loud and have a great growl to em...as for unwanted attention I didnt have any problems so far.

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a heads up. This is the company I got mine from. Great customer service but they. Just told me yesterday they are out of the cf right now. I just made a post about it but I feel it's kinda jumbled since I'm on my iPod driving from Seattle to mn and can't focus too well on typing

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can purchase separately the P1X tips that are suppose to reduce the sound pressure by about 8 db. They are expensive but a lot better than the original db killers they used to sell. I purchased them and have the option of taking them out as I need to. And yes you may not get any complaint but then again some people don't complain........Also do some research you may want to switch to Titanium instead of CF...

xXFazerXx

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a heads up. This is the company I got mine from. Great customer service but they. Just told me yesterday they are out of the cf right now. I just made a post about it but I feel it's kinda jumbled since I'm on my iPod driving from Seattle to mn and can't focus too well on typing

Thanks for the heads up man, did they give any indication of when they'll be getting more in?

xXFazerXx

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've been readin around and the general consensus is that Two Bros are ridiculously loud even with the DB killers in, loads of people sayin fine for the track but a bit much on the roads. Also there seems to be some problem with the Carbon Fibre it yellows after a while, and payin the guts of a grand if ya factor in shippin, VAT and the apparent maintenance ya have to do on em I dunno bout it now. Feckin typical, had my heart set on those pipes and now back to square one I can't decide what to go for. :shakehead:

The leovince CF ones look alright (tbh nothin looks better than the Two Bros CF but wat can ya do) but I can't seem to get a decent clip with good sound, they sound kinda like GP style screamers on the go, I prefer the deeper tone really. The problems we face in life, I know. :rolleyes:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Leo's aren't as "growly" as the 2Bros, but they're not that much different.
The dB killers on the Leo's work really well too, tone it down for local riding, but take them out for a blast through the twisties and they growl plenty.

I'd go for the Leo's if I were you.. But then again.. I could be a bit biased...lmao. Good luck with wat you choose.

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Two Brothers pipes, with about 25000km's on them...They are VERY loud when de-baffled...too loud i have found in many situations...and as they have got older, and probably in need of a re-pack...they are now starting to sound a bit too gruff!

So, i ride 90% of the time with the Db killers in these days...was only thinking the other day, whether to be bothered with a re-pack, or to buy some new cans...that are maybe a bit more civilised unrestricted...

Dont get me wrong, i still love the TB's...awesome!!!

:thumbup:

xXFazerXx

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah Ill probably go for TBs some day but I think ill go for the CF Leo Vince now. Have u any pics or vids of urs Stumbles?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Two Brothers Racing Titanium w/P1-X tip. The P1-X tip is different from the old db killers they used to make. It has smaller internal machined section that goes into the can itself. which makes it even more effective at cutting down the harshness. One of the reasons they made this newer type was the old ones didn't cut db's enough. If you don't like them you pull them. They are not cheap!
I saw someone on our forum that made his own db killers from washers.

You can't tell how loud an exhaust is going to be watching videos on your computer. Everyone records at different levels and quality and everyone has different playback on their computer.
I love the look of the TBR cans....

Here are TBR titanium with P1-X inserts.

picture.php
[/IMG]

xXFazerXx

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for all the help lads, nccoder you've been quite helpful i was reading your input on some of the other Two Bros threads, fair play.:thumbup:
I ended up ordering Leo Vince Carbon Fibre SBKII from Italy on ebay, worked out a fair bit cheaper for me, (and I'm a poor student so that's a big deal!) and the general consensus is that they're a savage can as well, they look pretty sharp too and I get to stay with the Carbon fibre. My bike is black so I want it to be uniform!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for all the help lads, nccoder you've been quite helpful i was reading your input on some of the other Two Bros threads, fair play.:thumbup:
I ended up ordering Leo Vince Carbon Fibre SBKII from Italy on ebay, worked out a fair bit cheaper for me, (and I'm a poor student so that's a big deal!) and the general consensus is that they're a savage can as well, they look pretty sharp too and I get to stay with the Carbon fibre. My bike is black so I want it to be uniform!!!

Every time I hear Leo Vince I turn my head to see what they are. You won't be disappointed and there are many great sounding slip ons out there.
Also, it is great to have the input of many members and their experiences with product. This forum in particular is so much better as far as participation and eagerness to help a fellow member as compared to other experience people seem to have on other forums. You folks are the best!:rockon:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah Ill probably go for TBs some day but I think ill go for the CF Leo Vince now. Have u any pics or vids of urs Stumbles?

I didn't get the Carbon Fibre ones, but I do have a couple of pics.. and a really crappy vid on youtube from when I fitted them.

View attachment 25629 View attachment 25630

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv9ozAyegE0]YouTube - FZ6S - Leo Vince pipes[/ame]

:rockon:

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Love my Leos! They are quite deep at low to mid rpms then scream like a GP bike at the top end.

Right after install (crappy camera phone video)
[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=hRdWKCI0qzU]YouTube - FZ6 with Leo Vince[/ame]

and running her WOT!

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=qt3-5sSqXhk]YouTube - FZ6 Flyby[/ame]

markg

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the help guys. I was having the same internal argument about which cans to get. I think this thread just convinced me to go with the Leo Vince carbons!

Can't wait...

Mark G

xXFazerXx

Reaction score
Visit site
Wooh! My Leos arrived yesterday, installed em today followin one of the threads on here. No problem till i was puttin her back together, absolute nightmare with the rack for my top box so I left it off for the moment. Holy cow these things are loud!! Beautiful tone off them and they look class on the bike! It's such a change goin from a very quiet machine to havin this mental roar followin ya everywhere.:D I'm in love..........
I'll throw up a few decent pics in a while, believe me lads videos do these pipes no justice whatsoever!!!!!!