Signal indicators stuck on

Onelifeadv

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a led sequntial tail light and led front turn signals/ led running lights in corner of headlight and a no load led flasher unit

both signal indcators are lit when signals are off, the front signals are just barley noticeable lit at night,

everything flashes fine, just have a weird back feed problem?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is this a new install or has it ever worked right?

When I added led tail stalks with run and brakes lights I had a similar back feed issue due to an incandescent bulb in the path.
Adding a 1N5005 diode solved this. A diode is like a traffic controller only allowing the cars (current in this case) to flow one direction.

A search on 1n5001 or 1n5005 should get you some info...
PS a Diode is cheaper than postage stamp.

Onelifeadv

Reaction score
Visit site
Is this a new install or has it ever worked right?

When I added led tail stalks with run and brakes lights I had a similar back feed issue due to an incandescent bulb in the path.
Adding a 1N5005 diode solved this. A diode is like a traffic controller only allowing the cars (current in this case) to flow one direction.

A search on 1n5001 or 1n5005 should get you some info...
PS a Diode is cheaper than postage stamp.

everything worked right until i added the led front sigs...the rear has a diode and stuff built in i guess, i read about the diode and backfeed, but they said it was for signal indicators with only one light not 2 like we have...ill get me some and wire them up and see it its fixed

thanks for help

Onelifeadv

Reaction score
Visit site
PROBLEM FIXED

it hit me that my front led running lights (again i have them in the top corners of my headlights) use the same positive as the singals, so that they would flash as a signal when activated, otherwise was solid on...i removed the floating ground for that running light and grounded it to a body ground and the signal light now stays off unless i hit the turn signals..

thanks for the help again

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
PROBLEM FIXED

it hit me that my front led running lights (again i have them in the top corners of my headlights) use the same positive as the singals, so that they would flash as a signal when activated, otherwise was solid on...i removed the floating ground for that running light and grounded it to a body ground and the signal light now stays off unless i hit the turn signals..

thanks for the help again

Ha! As I read your description I wondered whether you were using the flasher circuit as your pod light ground hence the additional path. I have long questioned people whether this was a good option and as you can see it can give headaches.
Great that you found it!
You can still flash your pod lights with an alternate circuit where you'll still have running lights.

Sent from Moto's Motorola