SKULLY AR-1 New Generation Helmets

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting technology, but for me it's just another reason to be distracted when you should already be aware of the information given. A lazy way sort of speak. No different than the new cars that are being equipped with automatic sensors for blind spots or even applying quick emergency braking for potential collisions allowing drivers to pay less attention when they should be doing the opposite.

patrickb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I bit and pre-ordered one. The major selling point for me is the rearview camera - I think being able to see behind me in real time would be a plus for safety. Especially since I almost got rear ended by some moron in a SUV doing 100+ during rush hour yesterday. :Flip:

The electronically tinted visor looks pretty sweet too. I don't like wearing sunglasses under my clear visor.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Applied to beta test these... didn't hear anything back. Probably for the best since I realized that I don't use my mirrors, I wear earplugs, and I put my phone on airplane mode when I ride. Oh, and I use analog maps on my tank bag....

I'm pretty much the antithesis of this helmet.

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
So what is the weight? My X-peed 3000 CF is a full face that weighs 3 Lbs 4 ozs. My summer hat is a Joe Rocket Carbon Fiber open face. It weighs 3 Lbs. I will not buy another helmet that isn't Carbon Fiber. It IS the 21st century.
The normal reaction from riders picking them up is; "Holy 5h1t!"
Did you see the test pilot, sticking his knee out like he was hanging off?
I'll send this to my younger brother who is a posuer and proud of it. He just got a new Jacket that is yellow and black. Now he looks like a meter-maid.
He says it's not how you ride but how you look when hanging out.
Looks like the perfect posuer helmet.
Is it heavy enough to dent the tank on a stoppie? :cheer: