So I was able to "Walk Away", but the bike wasn't...

razormac214

Reaction score
Visit site
You could have high sided? that would cause the injuries to be on your left. How fast were you riding that day?
Good luck.

Nelly

I had considered this as a possibility, but the last memory that I am able to recall from about a mile before the accident was checking the speedo and deciding I needed to be sure and not be going faster than the speed limit cause I had seen many a deer in the area before. So don't think that I would've changed my mind that quickly ;) . I also couldn't make it fit with the position that the witness said they found me and my bike in when they arrived. But at this point anything is possible.

razormac214

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear it - GWS! Thanks God for ATTGAT.
As a side note - make sure to get to the place where they took your bike to and take off any survived mods, it will help you with finances for your next ride.

My insurance policy actually ended up paying me full price for all of my aftermarket mods so I didn't even have to worry about doing that. They even paid extra for the custom paint job! I was very surprised when they did that but I was not one to argue. :thumbup:

mongol777

Reaction score
Visit site
My insurance policy actually ended up paying me full price for all of my aftermarket mods so I didn't even have to worry about doing that. They even paid extra for the custom paint job! I was very surprised when they did that but I was not one to argue. :thumbup:

Can't argue with that - you just need to GWS now!

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad that you are here to tell the tale! Take care and heal up.

I had a mountain bike accident years ago and was in a coma for 3 days. I too had the memory erased of the accident (and the whole day prior). The memories never came back, even after returning to the scene. I just mention this to say, even if your memory of the crash does not come back, it is not a sign of permanent or debilitating damage. Just one of those things, but keep up with your doctor's appointments just in case.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

What insurance company was that? Something that I may want to consider changing to if they made it hassle free.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, it was a sharp bike, (and helmet too)! So sorry man but I'm really glad you're okay, (or at least alive!). Take good care and don't rush into anything.
Good luck with all the details...

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you came out much better than you could have. And I am impressed that your claim went so well for you. Be sure to post updates on your healing and, eventually, pics of your new bike! :D

razormac214

Reaction score
Visit site
What insurance company was that? Something that I may want to consider changing to if they made it hassle free.

I was actually surprised because it was Progressive. When most people think Progressive they think online and not personal, but it was quite the contrary. The guy were local and very accessible. They had everything worked in just a couple of days. In fact the accident was only 6 days ago and the remaining lein against the bike has been payed and I actually picked up the check today for remaining money for my gear and aftermarket parts. Out of everything this probably the most pain free part.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was actually surprised because it was Progressive. When most people think Progressive they think online and not personal, but it was quite the contrary. The guy were local and very accessible. They had everything worked in just a couple of days. In fact the accident was only 6 days ago and the remaining lein against the bike has been payed and I actually picked up the check today for remaining money for my gear and aftermarket parts. Out of everything this probably the most pain free part.

First, glad you are OK and will be riding again! Sorry that this happened! Any accident you can walk away from is a good one.

Given how easy it was to work with the agent and get the insurance sorted out.... are you *sure* it wasn't the agent who was driving the truck? ;) Kidding of course!

Hope you get a new ride sooner than later! Take care!