So may have sold the FZ6

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up my FZ1 a couple weeks ago so the FZ6 has been sitting around, unplated, waiting for someone to buy it.

Guy came by today and looks like he's serious about buying it, going to come back tomorrow hopefully with the money.

After seven years and 110k km's, don't know what I'm going to do without her. Seriously tempted to call the guy and tell him it's off the market.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
And just like that, she's gone. Guy showed up first thing this morning, before I even had a chance to clean her and say my goodbyes. Supposedly going to ship her back home to St Lucia, oh well.

The king is dead, long live the king!

photo%2520%25283%2529.JPG

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice looking bike. Those inverted forks...

You may miss the 6 but I'm sure that thing has a ride quality all it's own. :thumbup:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
How are you finding the switch between 6 and 1? I'm wishlisting at the moment for when I finish paying for the 6, thinking of a second bike with a touch more power and a little more room for two, and the 1 is definitely on the list.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
Why'd you upsize if you like the 6 so much? :confused:

Had it for seven years and way too many miles, was just itching for something different. Of course, me being stupid, I ended up with almost the exact same bike, it's even blue. My third blue Yamaha in a row, Radian, FZ6, now FZ1. Wanted a Tiger 1050, or Sprint ST, or Ninja 1000, but this FZ1 was a bit too good of a deal to pass up.

I'd say you were lucky to find a buyer, I wouldn't touch a bike with that mileage irrespective of service history and how it looks etc.

I had a surprising amount of interest in it, the third guy that came to look at it, bought it. Saying that, don't know if I would buy a bike with similar mileage without knowing the previous owner. It's a big gamble, and there's a lot that can go wrong along those miles. Saying that, my bike was in excellent shape, regardless of the mileage.

How are you finding the switch between 6 and 1? I'm wishlisting at the moment for when I finish paying for the 6, thinking of a second bike with a touch more power and a little more room for two, and the 1 is definitely on the list.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

It's nice, but not sold on it yet. Coming from the 6, the power is intoxicating, just wow. There are some things I don't like about it. The tank is wide between the thighs which seems to put my right knee at an odd angle to how I like to put my foot on the peg. Fuel range is going to take some getting used to. I think it can max out at about 240km (150m), compared to the 360km on the FZ6. I think the riding position is actually more cramped than the 6, but I did 500km today and didn't have any pains.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the riding position. That's why I went with the FZ6 instead of the FZ1....I was a little too immature to handle the power of the FZ1 at the time, also. That was a few bikes ago though....sigh...

It's nice, but not sold on it yet. Coming from the 6, the power is intoxicating, just wow. There are some things I don't like about it. The tank is wide between the thighs which seems to put my right knee at an odd angle to how I like to put my foot on the peg. Fuel range is going to take some getting used to. I think it can max out at about 240km (150m), compared to the 360km on the FZ6. I think the riding position is actually more cramped than the 6, but I did 500km today and didn't have any pains.[/QUOTE]