SOLD F/S: Adjustable Ohlins Shock

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
For some of you that might remember me from a few years back... Im sad to say that I will be selling the FZ in the coming weeks. :( However, she has been replaced with 2008 Vstrom that is already set up for LD riding :rockon:

So with the sale Im pulling a couple things off that I know you guys could benifit from having. Item #1:

DSCF0478.jpg

(only picture I have of it, comparing it to the stock shock. Ohlins shock is only item for sale)

I purchased and mounted this shock in January of 2009 directly from Ohlins. At this time I cant remember if I went up in spring rate or if I stayed with the same Yamaha spring rate. Either way I was able to set the appropriate sag for my weight and luggage. Im 190lbs plus gear.

I put 13,000 miles on the shock in 2010 then sent it back to Ohlins to have it freshened up. Seals and fluid were replaced and I was told there was minimal wear on it and I could take it out longer.

At this time the shock has 7000 miles on it since that service and is still performing flawlessly. There are no leaks and the bushings are still very tight.

Adding this along with upgrading the fork springs, adding emulators and heavier oil was the best money I ever spent on the bike. The bike rode so much better and handled like a dream.

Hope one of you guys can get as much enjoyment out of it as I did.

Ill shiip to US only. $550.00

Thank you!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope you'll still be stopping by from time to time, you still are our "Touring Mod" ;)
and you should know better Bryan.....where are pics of the new bike!?!?!

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Aw Crap! I didn't check the board for two days and missed out on this.... :( :( :(

Anyone else have one for sale? It's the last real mod piece that I'm looking for on my FZ6 (which I've been modding since I bought it new in 2004...).

They don't show up used very often, and I can't justify the price of a new one.

JimE