Sold the FZ yesterday

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I sold the trusty FZ yesterday to a nice college kid here in NC. Lots of miles and memories with that bike. I gave him the link to this forum and I hope he finds his way on here to get the information he needs as he enjoys the bike as I did.

Had the FZ for 1581 days. Purchased in October of 2007 with 11,681 miles on it. Selling yesterday (2/18/2012) with 54,901 miles. over 43,000 miles of smiles!

Was tough watching her roll away with a new owner, but I sure am enjoying my Vstrom, lol.

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I sold the trusty FZ yesterday to a nice college kid here in NC. Lots of miles and memories with that bike. I gave him the link to this forum and I hope he finds his way on here to get the information he needs as he enjoys the bike as I did.

Had the FZ for 1581 days. Purchased in October of 2007 with 11,681 miles on it. Selling yesterday (2/18/2012) with 54,901 miles. over 43,000 miles of smiles!

Was tough watching her roll away with a new owner, but I sure am enjoying my Vstrom, lol.

ditto, i want your impressions of the vstrom. pros cons, all that fun jazz.

congrats on the new bike !

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a 2008 Vstrom 1000 back in October.

AWESOME BIKE!

Tons of torque, great useable power. Its a very tall bike and has a bit more weight that the FZ (obviously) Im 6'1" so the tall part of the bike is welcoming for me. I cant flat foot both feet with this bike I have to side sit to get one foot flat.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yea, ill be around. I lurk on here from time to time. :)

Ive been working on a couple things to add to that section as far as IBA rides and other long distance riding is concerned. Just been pulled in other directions in the last couple months. Prepping for a SS2000 attempt in a few weeks. Going to be riding to Jacksonville Florida to the IBA party via Dallas, Texas in less than 48 hours while stopping at over 10 waffle houses as part of the Waffle House Grand Tour that Im participating in this year. Ill post more details on that a bit later. In the mean time if you wanna check it out.

2012 Waffle House Grand Tour

-bryan

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking forward to looking at your new posts, I have looked at your other posts a lot as well. I really want to do some IBA rides someday, but I am just not sure how well I would hold up. I am thinking about doing the End-to-Ender first, maybe splitting it up in two weekends though, since my family has a house at about the half way point, in Fancy Gap. What would you say was the best touring mods you did to your FZ?

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Need to pull this convo down to touring thread. But the J&M 2003 (CB/Intercom/Weather radio) was most used and it was transfered to my Vstrom. Listen to iPod, talk to other riders via the CB and talk to passenger through the intercom. From there, just get some good luggage, tires and ride. A custom seat and upgraded suspension goes a long way, too. But Ill be sure to start a thread in the Touring section later on all this. (If I havent already got something.)

-bryan

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Bryan! Yeah, I need to go search around the touring thread, I actually haven't ever specifically looked through it!!