Spencer Seat Modification

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Im waiting to post my review, I have only ridden about 50 miles on it. Just from that i can say i think everyone should lower their seat with the spencer mod!!!! I feel like i can take on any corner with this seat. My butt doesnt hurt after 20 min of riding anymore either :rockon:

Anyways i will post pics and all that jazz after i take some good long rides this week.

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in the same boat as the other two - I have only been on it for about a 100 miles, but the quality seems good. I sit more to the rear of the seat, away from the tank, so he made the drop a little lower for me to have a nice cushy section right where my butt goes. In other words, it fits like a glove and I no longer have the high heat concentration that I experienced before or the desire to jump of the seat after a half hour of riding. I am really looking forward to breaking this in a little more and see how much better it gets.

Pros:
Great mod for the price
Quick turnaround
Pleasant experience
No more underpants heat (so far - need to do a long ride to make certain)
Custom seat for your height, weight, and sitting position

Cons:
Not leather (could go either way, but I like the feel of leather)

Consolidated tips for those of you sending off:

Do not let UPS box it for you or you will pay for it (My shipping was 35 each way with discounts).

Do follow all of Spencer's requests - send in the picture, explain what you need, how you ride, etc.

Discuss the gel core insert he uses - I like it so far

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Just a follow up on this seat mod. I used it for the rest of the riding season and after about a month it really settled in to be a comfortable seat (just as he says). I get on I ride and I ride and ride some more without the normal discomfort. The longest ride so far was about 2 1/2 hours and no complaints about the seat. So - its almost winter - bike is sitting around, go ship the seat off for a nice christmas present to yourself
:BLAA:

I said I would do pictures, but I didnt, the seat is put back together really well, looks just like factory and you can barely tell that anything was done to the seat until you sit on it. Best money I have spent so far - I of course still dream of owning a Corbin or TS seat, but the urge to go and spend that 400 dollars isnt there anymore.

Sotex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that follow-up. I've been in touch with Spencer just last week and am planning to get my stock seat to him this month. Unlike most, I've not had any real issues with the factory seat, but after a 1,500-mile trip a couple of weeks ago, I definitely noticed where some "tweaking" might be helpful.