Corbin or Spencer Seat Mod?

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Time for a new seat.

What is the better seat, Corbin, Spencer, Top Sellerie?

I just got off the phone with Corbin. It turns out there factory is about a hour and a half drive from where I live. These seats are not cheap. To go in and have the seat tailored will be roughly, $439.00 out the door.

Is this even worth it? I didn't even think Top sellerie was even that much? Is this just more money because of the walk in?

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
Time for a new seat.

What is the better seat, Corbin, Spencer, Top Sellerie?

I just got off the phone with Corbin. It turns out there factory is about a hour and a half drive from where I live. These seats are not cheap. To go in and have the seat tailored will be roughly, $439.00 out the door.

Is this even worth it? I didn't even think Top sellerie was even that much? Is this just more money because of the walk in?

That is the standard price for the 2007-2009 FZ6 seat.

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Yamaha FZ6 Fazer Motorcycles | 800-538-7035

Edit: I can't speak to the differences/benefits of the different seats on the FZ6, but I had a Corbin on my last bike and I'm buying a used one for the FZ6 from a forum member here in Houston. I rode really long days(1000+ miles) on my old one and never had issues.

Last edited:

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
At the Corbin Factory. This place is Jumanji. Having a seat made. Everybody should get a seat! I test road it and what a difference. It's so much better in and up against the seat. Rather than nut crunching on the seat and the tank.:thumbup:

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like my Corbin. The harder material actually makes it easier to sit on for longer amounts of time. The stock seat, I just feel like I sink into. My buddy has an FZ1 and has gone through 3 different seats and still isn't happy. I think it just comes down to rider preference.

ItsAllGood

Pro Aris et Focis
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got maybe 500 miles on my Spencer seat since I pulled it out of the box. It is really firm, & almost feels hard until you realize the new support you're getting. It's getting better as it breaks in and I swear it actually feels like I'm sitting on a full butt, cruiser type saddle. First ride was 4+ hours, as compared to the 1.5 hour limit with the stock seat. It felt great to ride for an extended time, being able to enjoy the ride instead of fidgetting around, trying to relieve my sore butt.

This is my first custom seat so my opinion is a little biased. Didn't know if I was going to like it or not, but I knew if I didn't I was only going to be out $90 instead of big $$$. I got lucky, great seat and Spencer is a great guy to do business with. A one day turnaround???? C'mon, how are you going to beat that? He will be recieving my KLR seat shortly.

IceBerge12

Reaction score
Visit site
For some reason I find the stock seat pretty good, rode mine down to So Cal and back from Seattle, shoulders and hands were more tired then my bum. lol

ckrockets

Reaction score
Visit site
I have 50K+ miles on a corbin saddle...the firmness serves a purpose...cushy seats create pressure points...

After a few thousand miles the corbin conforms to the contours of your arse...

A corbin saddle is the most comfortable motorcycle seat money can buy...worth every penny....

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to add one more to the discussion...

I just returned from a ride to Texas with a round-about return trajectory back home, totaling almost 2500 miles for the trip.

Lots of subjective opinions on who's/what's the most comfortable seat but it's literally a seat of the pants determination. The conclusion I've come to is that my Spencer-modified seat increases my riding day by at least three hours. Do I start to get squirmy in the saddle near the end of the day? Sure, but I did a 600-mile day in pretty warm weather on one leg of the trip and didn't hesitate to get back on the bike the next morning.

IMO, the Spencer Mod is a tremendous bang-for-the-buck seat upgrade and the customer experience is absolutely top-flight.