Spies tells why he moved to Ducati

I'm not so much of a fan anymore of Ben after this year.:( When Ben did not ride his bike, the sub would get on and have a good race.:confused: That was a good bike last year. It was not as fast as the Honda, but it was faster than the others. If he thought the Yamaha was bad, wait for his time on the Ducati. He will not see a podium this year. Val will do good things with that Yamaha this year.:thumbup:

I read the article in Cycle World last week. I had doubts about Ben myself last season but after reading the CW article I have new respect for Ben and not so much respect for the "talking heads" at Yamaha Corp. who have probably never even broken the speed limit on a motorcycle... :Flip:

Thanks for posting the link - good article. Not a huge Spies fan but always wanted to see him do well. Watched him for years in AMA (remember why he was called "elbows"). Think he is more emotional or up and down but that probably fits a lot of us. As for his dislike for what some at Yamaha said, he should know that he is on the premier stage and is being paid a ton of money to deliver. Same way I don't feel sorry for Peyton Manning for throwing the interception - he was paid to deliver.

I did wonder how he would do in MotoGP with the different style of riding dictated by the tires, his comments about Lorenzo are interesting but don't all the great ones make it look easy? He is probably making a good move for himself by moving to Ducati, but how competitive they will be next year is anyone's guess. Remember they are owned by Audi who is a rival of BMW. Audi is also connected to Porsche and they both know how to make HP. Going out on a limb but I see Ben winning the championship in 3 years on a turbo diesel Ducati. :)

Seriously have wondered what Audi might do with Ducati's valve train technology.

Ducati can only get better in Moto GP... :rockon:Audi will fix that mess of a team. :cheer:

P.S. I hope Audi will fix the service on the street bike. $$$$$$$

I'm not so much of a fan anymore of Ben after this year.:( When Ben did not ride his bike, the sub would get on and have a good race.:confused: That was a good bike last year. It was not as fast as the Honda, but it was faster than the others. If he thought the Yamaha was bad, wait for his time on the Ducati. He will not see a podium this year. Val will do good things with that Yamaha this year.:thumbup:

The only thing I learned from your post is: You didn't read the article or watch the motogp season.

Spies said that Yamaha was a good bike, but when he was having a string of bad luck one of the Yamaha management guys disrespect him so he doesn't want to be with them anymore.

The only thing I learned from your post is: You didn't read the article or watch the motogp season.

Spies said that Yamaha was a good bike, but when he was having a string of bad luck one of the Yamaha management guys disrespect him so he doesn't want to be with them anymore.

Ok bad luck for a handful of races, but what about the rest of the 18? Sounds like Yamaha tried to piss him off to motivate him to show them what he could do. Backfired. Spies was consistently terrible all season.

I really like the other Americans Nicky and Colin. They are animated and love what they do. With Spies, he's so wooden and keeps his sunglasses on during most interviews. You wouldn't know he was paid to ride a bike.

Ok bad luck for a handful of races, but what about the rest of the 18? Sounds like Yamaha tried to piss him off to motivate him to show them what he could do. Backfired. Spies was consistently terrible all season.

I really like the other Americans Nicky and Colin. They are animated and love what they do. With Spies, he's so wooden and keeps his sunglasses on during most interviews. You wouldn't know he was paid to ride a bike.

Spies is a better rider than Nicky or Colin.

Pissing someone off on purpose isn't motivation it is manipulative and abusive.

Spies has been a Pro a decade he was the first person ever to win a championship for Yamaha in World SuperBike in his rookie year no less. Yamaha should be thankful to Ben Spies forever for that and he deserves their respect.

I have much respect for Spies. Most of his 2012 season was not his fault, then getting kicked in the balls by Yamaha Corporate? Yeah, I see why he was disillusioned. He's no slouch.

Can't blame Yamaha for paying the guy and wanting results. Spies gave the impression he wasn't riding 100%. Hopefully 2013 will be a better season for the Ducati teams and he gets another chance.

Cry, Cry, Cry... They paid me $$$$$ and they're not nice to me Cry, Cry, Cry...

Man Up.....:thumbup:

Cry, Cry, Cry... They paid me $$$$$ and they're not nice to me Cry, Cry, Cry...

Man Up.....:thumbup:

You have the wrong idea of what it means to be a man.

Spies did exactly the right thing a man should do. Respect is more important than money unless you are a prostitute.

Spies went to Ducati to give himself a chance to comeback and beat that disrespectful Yamaha guy brand the only thing a real man would do.

Back