Stebel horn

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a mental midget when it comes to electrical, so please bare with me here...

So I followed boneman's install instructions. I ran a 20a fuse off of the battery to the 30 pin on the relay, ran the (-) on the horn to the (-) on the battery, ran the (+) on the horn to pin 87 on the relay, and hooked the stock horn wires (black/white stripe = +) to pin 86, and, I'm assuming the plain black wire was a ground wire, (-) to the 85 pin.

It works. It's freakin' loud. But is there anything "wrong" with the way I've wired it? I ran what I thought was the "ground" from the stock wiring to pin 85 as I figured that, well, it was initially a ground wire so why shouldn't it work now as a ground wire. Like I said, I'm not too bright when it comes to such things, so if I've done something stupid, please do let me know.

Thanks!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Er...

From what I remember. There was the (+) supply from the battery to the relay. Then the (+) lead from the horn to the relay (Factory horn wire). Ground the other pin, and output the other relay pin to the (+) horn terminal then plug in the (-) horn lead (factory wire) to the (-) horn terminal.

Not sure about your way.

-bryan