Streetfighter Insurance vs. Stock Insurance

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Shouldn't insurance be much cheaper on a naked bike b/c there isn't "2K" worth of plastic on the front end?

I'm not very informed when it comes to insurance companies and how they operate/think.

Any input is appreciated.

usually they have a formula of engine size, bike "New" value, and bike classification (sport touring, Super sport, Touring, Cruiser)

I checked on insurance on the FZ6 and the FZ6R. The FZ6 was $73.00/year cheaper. I assume the boby work makes the difference.

I went down this road recently while insuring The Black Bike. Because many of the parts are custom* I have to document all of my work and show what was put on the bike, and attempt to document the replacement cost in terms of material and labor.

I got some good advice involving bolt-on modifications. If you've purchased parts for the bike, keep all the receipts. Keep photographs of the parts and accessories on the bike. When it comes time to make the claim, you won't have a leg to stand on unless you can prove that these parts were on the bike.

Fred

*custom: (n) A part which was designed and built without mass production, to fit a specific application, and which cannot be ordered from a catalog.

I went down this road recently while insuring The Black Bike. Because many of the parts are custom* I have to document all of my work and show what was put on the bike, and attempt to document the replacement cost in terms of material and labor.

I got some good advice involving bolt-on modifications. If you've purchased parts for the bike, keep all the receipts. Keep photographs of the parts and accessories on the bike. When it comes time to make the claim, you won't have a leg to stand on unless you can prove that these parts were on the bike.

Fred

*custom: (n) A part which was designed and built without mass production, to fit a specific application, and which cannot be ordered from a catalog.

I'm stealing this for my sig.

I'm stealing this for my sig.

OK, but you ought to fix it, because I didn't do a very good job with it. Try this instead. (I just remembered the difference between nouns and adjectives.)

custom: (a) designed and built without mass production, to fit a specific application; cannot be ordered from a catalog.

OK, but you ought to fix it, because I didn't do a very good job with it. Try this instead. (I just remembered the difference between nouns and adjectives.)

custom: (a) designed and built without mass production, to fit a specific application; cannot be ordered from a catalog.

If I fixed it then it wouldn't be unique and would look just like all the other grammatically correct text out there.

I use State Farm for insurance and to them the style of bike doesn't matter. All they are concerned with is displacement. In theory it is the same to insure a 599, a FZ6 or a GSX-R600. I have not tested it, but I would love to have a chance to test the GSX-R theory.:thumbup:

Back