Swingarm swap?

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!

I'm on an 06, with the old style, box section swingarm. Riding all year I have an issue with an accumulation of "goo" in the chain adjusters, causing everything to bind up for chain adjustments. At the minute I have to take the end caps off the swing arm, swill the goo out, have a good hose round with penetrating oil, put the caps back on, loosen the axle nut then bash the axle through from that side to unstick it.

I'm just wondering if a straight swap for an 07+ swingarm with the different chain adjusters would be a worthwhile investment?

Cheers.

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
I've wondered about this swap, the drain holes are tiny and block. I settled for enlarging the drainage gaps and gacking heavy duty grease on all parts during assembly.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Man your bikes get beat up over there....

Speaking from a corrosion stand point, not just grime:
If I had to guess, the S2 S/A would be easier to maintain but you'd still have to goop up the adjusting bolts as they are not SS and the plating seems thin.

The adjusting blocks appear to be anodized aluminum, so hopefully they withstand the elements.

Mine are fine but have no exposure to chemicals except soap and water.

If you do; make sure it includes the pivot bolt, axle, nut and adjusting blocks.
FROM our site: 2007++ FZ6 Parts Reference Diagram/Images X46
reararm.gif

rearwheel.gif