the deal that could have been...

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
a few weeks ago i posted that i realized that because of finances i'd be keeping the fz6 for a long time. i won't be doing any fun mods (again because of finances) but i have wondered about doing things like upgrading the front end and such. so i've recently been shopping around for a set of r6 forks for a good price. i got on searchtempest and started looking. came across this listing.

i have parts for a 2002 yamaha r6. forks, tripple tree, speedometer,ecu, all cables,swing arm. rear fender, front headlight farring, chains, sprockets, chain guide, bolts screws, calipers, rotors. most engine covers. complete motor but is apart. I took the motor apart to powder coat but moved before i could get it powder coated. The movers put the bike in a create with the rest of my house hold good on top of it. the bike was destroyed. Insurance payed for the bike and took the frame, rims, and most of the farrings. I trying to get rid of the rest of the parts because i am about to move again. I will sell all the parts for $250. thanks if you have any questions email me

i got real excited. emailed the guy. after i emailed him i realized the posting was about 3 weeks old. and as you would have guessed, i got an email back saying he had already sold the parts. i would have bee able to upgrade the front end and make money doing it. oh well.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
yeah, i'm continuing to look around. i'm in no hurry though. i just wish i would have started looking a little sooner. i would have been able to sell off everything i didn't need and come out ahead if i would have seen that post when he still had it all. oh well. just wish the guy would take down his post. keeping it up to get my hopes all up.