The Holidays: What BEER is in your fridge right now?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I usually get a few bottles of Santa's Little Helper around this time of year.

Interesting. I've never seen anything from that brewery around these parts. I'm not a fan of that style in general (Russian Imperial Stout). Flavor overload for me. I know Rasputin is a very good example though.
Reviews look really good. I'll try it if I spot it locally :thumbup:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
To all of you Great Lakes fans (Mike and Eric)

There's a beer that they produce very rarely called

Bourbon Barrel Blackout Stout - Great Lakes Barrel-Aged Blackout Stout - Great Lakes Brewing Co. - Cleveland, OH - BeerAdvocate

It's their awesome, super strong (10+abv) stout that they normally sell in packs of 4, aged in bourbon barrels for a long time. I think (not quite sure) that they only release it every other year. I luckily got my hands on a few bottles in feb/march of this year, and though they are $8 a bottle, it's completely worth it.

If it shows up, I'll post on the forum and you all can organize a ride to CLE, we'll go to the brewery and have a pint (but leave your bikes at my house, you'll have to cab it back from the brewery after one of these).

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
To all of you Great Lakes fans (Mike and Eric)

There's a beer that they produce very rarely called

Bourbon Barrel Blackout Stout - Great Lakes Barrel-Aged Blackout Stout - Great Lakes Brewing Co. - Cleveland, OH - BeerAdvocate

It's their awesome, super strong (10+abv) stout that they normally sell in packs of 4, aged in bourbon barrels for a long time. I think (not quite sure) that they only release it every other year. I luckily got my hands on a few bottles in feb/march of this year, and though they are $8 a bottle, it's completely worth it.

If it shows up, I'll post on the forum and you all can organize a ride to CLE, we'll go to the brewery and have a pint (but leave your bikes at my house, you'll have to cab it back from the brewery after one of these).
I was at a local pub last night and they have the Blackout Stout on tap.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget to raise your glass for a toast today in honor of the 80th Anniversary of the repeal of Prohibition (US).
:iconbeer:

Last edited:

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget to raise your glass for a toast today in honor of the 80th Anniversary of the repeal of Prohibition (US).
:iconbeer:

Doing my part with a happy hour pint after work :D A tall Dos Aquis Amber at a local Mexican restaurant...

sa4y4yqe.jpg

Last edited: