The Holidays: What BEER is in your fridge right now?

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Being that it's now the Holiday Season, I'm starting to collect a decent amount of bottled beer in my refrigerator. White IPA, trippel, stout... :iconbeer:

What's your favorite brews for the holidays? Give me some ideas for beers to try!

:D

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
Mmmm. Beeeeer.

Used to be a beer snob, then married a dyed in the wool Mexi-beer drinker. Now it's Tecate, DosEquis, and Pacifico all the time. They're not bad. Easy drinkin'.

Still like to occasionally splurge and get a few boutique sixers every now and then. Love me some porter!

Stella Artois in the fridge post Turkey Day.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Not too hoyiti toyiti with my beer. Just a cold Coors light for me. I actually have a case now but not in my fridge, it's sittin' on my back deck. One of the few perks of living in the upper midwest.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I LOVE good craft beer and typically have ~150+ bottles in my basement, on any given day (yes.. I have a problem!).

One of my all-time Winter favorites: Our Special Ale 2012 (Anchor Christmas Ale) - Anchor Brewing Company - San Francisco, CA - BeerAdvocate
It's not for everyone. Very pronounced prune smell and taste (no, it's not actually made with prunes). I find it actually smooths out when aged, so I typically buy a case and store it in the basement for a year. Not necessary though.. it's very good straight from the store.

This one IS for everyone (particularly people who say they don't like beer.. I have them try this one and more often than not they say they'd no idea beer could be that tasty).
Harpoon Chocolate Stout - Harpoon Brewery - Boston, MA - BeerAdvocate
Somehow this beer smells more like chocolate than.. chocolate! Tastes just as good.. very mild, smooth and chocolaty. I used to be a big fan of Southern Tier Choklat, but Harpoon is better.. it's less boozy and more chocolaty.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No beer in the garage beer fridge except for O'Douls for the Mrs.
Now ask me about the bar in my music room...:rockon:

Last edited:

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like darker beers for the colder weather. If I had my druthers...Samuel Smith oatmeal stout, Guinness, Beamish, Swithwick's, Bass ale, and maybe Young's double chocolate stout. Not much of a seasonal guy, I guess. I did have a great Scottish ale from Innis and Gunn in Decatur once....I wish I could find that here! Awesome idea for a thread, by the way. :thumbup:

EDIT -- I should fess up and say that I have Pabst in the fridge here, but a nice bottle of Four Roses single barrel on top of the fridge :D

Last edited:

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Funny you should mention beer. For the past few winters now I brew my own beer. I was just sterilizing my beer making gear when I read this thread. I'm brewing tomorrow.

But I did take a snap of what's sitting in my fridge right now.

11126254263_25f48499aa_z.jpg

Solarservant

Thrill-Seeker
Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried the Young's Chocolate Stout, but never the Harpoon. I gotta give that a shot. Maybe I'll be able to find it at the local craft beer shop. An excuse to go by there is always welcome.

Who wants to start a Scotch thread?

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
It's interesting the difference between East and West Coast beers, and what each considers to be good.

AZ locally we have several good brew pubs.
Four Peaks is my favorite and I believe they are shipping nationally now - Kiltlifter, Hop Knot IPA, Raj IPA, and their seasonal Pumpkin Porter

Santan Brewery - Devil's Ale

I love some other west coast brews as well

Stone is one of the best around - Ruination Ale, Arrogant Bastard, Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale, Levitation Ale and I want to collect a bunch of their 22 oz bottle and turn them into cups because they have unique sayings on them and painted labels.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMglwV3_gvE]How to make drinking glasses, from any beer bottle! FULL HD - YouTube[/ame]

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Many breweries in these parts (Thank TGFT!)

Currently, Full Sail Amber Ale. Brewed up river in Hood River by an independent brewer!

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
All I have left after Thanksgiving is some of my homemade Rum Raisin Stout. Nobody else will drink it but me. All 5 gallons of my lighter stuff (Orange Hefe Ale) got finished off by the family.

As for off the shelf beer, I need to restock my New Albanian's - Tunnel Vision.

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys may have inspired me to go fill a growler at one of the local places today, Champion Brewing Company. It's a small place, somewhat new, but some excellent brews are coming out there. We're fortunate enough to have a few breweries around here. Devil's Backbone and Blue Mountain are a couple of the ones I like.