The Riding Game!

I am confused Kenny, there are no "private residences" in Vegas? wth? If you live in a cardboard box somewhere where there are no houses (with mailbox) within 20 miles, then you should probably stop playing this game and figure out how to get the hell out of there! :D

:rof: :rof: :rof:

*rude gesture at nail in rear tire*

There's a house 1/2 mile from me that has an old DirectTV dish nailed to a post w/the mailbox attached to the lil receiver thingy-mabob. That would be perfect! :)

:spank: Can't wait to ride again. Should be on the road tomorrow.

YOUR BIKE NEXT TO A UNIQUE MAILBOX!!

Apparently, VR, there's a whole bunch of Mailboxes on highway 375 near Rachel, Nevada. One is called the "Black Mailbox" and is said to be one of the most photographed mailboxes in the world. (ref: Alien mailbox legend lives on)
It looks to be a bit of a drive out of the city.

3303368699_1891c00653.jpg

Be ready with your horn, in case the owner shows up. ;)

I am confused Kenny, there are no "private residences" in Vegas? wth? If you live in a cardboard box somewhere where there are no houses (with mailbox) within 20 miles, then you should probably stop playing this game and figure out how to get the hell out of there! :D

Yes, we have mailboxes at private residences here in Vegas. Unique? Haven't found one yet.

I'm referring that not everyone will have a mailbox. If you live in a city such as Manhattan, you'll probably just see one on every street corner, but you won't have your very own box on the side of the street.

I don't know, since I've travelled to so many places from my glory days touring with rock bands, that I have a better understanding of what one place may have, and another place doesn't.

It's like having somebody say, your bike next to a laundrymat. Believe it or not, not all countries have places to do laundry. Found that out touring, getting laundry done in Europe is a pain in the ass.

Yes, we have mailboxes at private residences here in Vegas. Unique? Haven't found one yet.

I'm referring that not everyone will have a mailbox. If you live in a city such as Manhattan, you'll probably just see one on every street corner, but you won't have your very own box on the side of the street.

I don't know, since I've travelled to so many places from my glory days touring with rock bands, that I have a better understanding of what one place may have, and another place doesn't.

It's like having somebody say, your bike next to a laundrymat. Believe it or not, not all countries have places to do laundry. Found that out touring, getting laundry done in Europe is a pain in the ass.

If you live in Manhattan, just ride out of the city and find a mailbox! That's the point, to ride.... challenges should not be too difficult, but they also should not be too easy... you may have to ride around neighborhoods in Vegas before you find a cool one :)

I get your point though, but I don't think we'll be able to accommodate EVERYBODY in the world with each challenge... :rockon:

*rude gesture at nail in rear tire*

There's a house 1/2 mile from me that has an old DirectTV dish nailed to a post w/the mailbox attached to the lil receiver thingy-mabob. That would be perfect! :)

:spank: Can't wait to ride again. Should be on the road tomorrow.

Hey, only 1/2 mile...you could PUSH your bike there!!! Don't let a flat tire keep you down!! :D
Seriously, tho, I would love to see a pic of that mailbox anyway, once you are up and riding again!

Apparently, VR, there's a whole bunch of Mailboxes on highway 375 near Rachel, Nevada. One is called the "Black Mailbox" and is said to be one of the most photographed mailboxes in the world. (ref: Alien mailbox legend lives on)
It looks to be a bit of a drive out of the city.

3303368699_1891c00653.jpg

Be ready with your horn, in case the owner shows up. ;)

ok OT, but for the little anecdote...

Dude, that's hilarious that you would bring Rachel NV up in this thread... a few years ago my parents, my gf and I rented a car and did a LA => Vegas => Grand Canyon => Nevada Desert => Yosemite => Lake Tahoe => SF => LA loop, and drove through Rachel NV... seriously, it's one of the best memories of the trip we have, because we were so shocked at that little town (or village, or ghost town, or whatever you want to call it!)... so we drive through the desert for half a day and get to Rachel... we see a sign that says GASOLINE, so my dad says "should we stop, we have 1/4 tank left"... we first decide not to stop, but then my dad says WTH, let's just fill up so it's done.... so we find the gas station (not too difficult within the 25 mobile homes that make up Rachel), and gas is 3 times the normal price, the pump is from the early 1900's, and the cashier looks like we were the first humans he had seen in 25 years... the gas station btw is a mobile home, and the inside has a shelf with 3 "Area 51 with an alien head" mugs for sale and a similar dirty t-shirt for sale... that's about it...

We were tripping out! It was awesome... especially when we get back in the car, and coming out of Rachel we see a sign that says "next gas station: 160miles" lol!!!

I have no ideas how ppl can live in the middle of the desert in a town that looked like it was dead... crazy! No wonder they see things in the sky over there... there's nothing else to do! :D

I was looking on google and I think this is the gas station in question:

3289184483_854735c6f2.jpg

nv-375_rachel_04.jpg

Last edited:
If you live in Manhattan, just ride out of the city and find a mailbox! That's the point, to ride.... challenges should not be too difficult, but they also should not be too easy... you may have to ride around neighborhoods in Vegas before you find a cool one :)

I get your point though, but I don't think we'll be able to accommodate EVERYBODY in the world with each challenge... :rockon:

Safety wise, I try to make it a point ahead of time knowing where I'm going or at least know where it is. Looking for something or place on a motorycycle will divert your attention that is needed to ride safely.

Although we can't accomodate EVERYBODY, we can try. More the better.

Safety wise, I try to make it a point ahead of time knowing where I'm going or at least know where it is. Looking for something or place on a motorycycle will divert your attention that is needed to ride safely.

Although we can't accomodate EVERYBODY, we can try. More the better.

Here we go Kenny! We don't want you to take unnecessary risks @ 25mph in Vegas neighborhoods looking for a weird mailbox, so here, I found one for you:

las vegas nv - Google Maps

Yes, it's "unique"... it's on the ground! go get it!! :cheer:

I'm suprised no one has strecthed the defintion of unique yet. Technically every mailbox is unique otherwise your mail would never find the right house.

Here we go Kenny! We don't want you to take unnecessary risks @ 25mph in Vegas neighborhoods looking for a weird mailbox, so here, I found one for you:

THAT one would definitely qualify as "unique"!! :rof: That mail carrier must strain a muscle or two putting the mail in it!

Hey, only 1/2 mile...you could PUSH your bike there!!! Don't let a flat tire keep you down!! :D
Seriously, tho, I would love to see a pic of that mailbox anyway, once you are up and riding again!

Wavex gave me the idea ;) Since I'm still at work I can just use Google Maps to give you a quite grainy pic :) Enjoy. I'll get you a decent one before too long if you still desire it, Elizabeth.

Well I'm just embarrassed to admit it, but I was the one who ran into that damn mailbox because I wasn't paying attention.

next
your bike in the sunset or if you don’t have sunsets in the sunrise

GREAT JOB!!! I was gettin' worried I would have to gear up to drive two houses up and take a pic of my bike by my neighbor's firetruck mailbox. ;).
Hey, Kenny, do you have a sun in Vegas??? :rof: :rof:
your bike in the sunset or if you don’t have sunsets in the sunrise [/QUOTE]

Yay, the letter box has gone, well done forwil.

Bugga, the sun rose here just a couple of hours ago.. Will try and get the sunset, but guessing I'll be beaten.

Next Challenge..
your bike in the sunset or if you don’t have sunsets in the sunrise

:rockon:

was just catching up on the thread and missed the sunset.. and will be at work for sunrise.. guess i will have to wait for the next one as i am sure someone will get it

Back