There are 2 kinds of people in the world...

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Those who ride and those who pretend they ride.

I was with some friends the other day and my friend's boyfriend heard I rode. Now those who know me know that it has been a LONG time since my 25th birthday. It was no surprise to me that as the boyfriend and I walked to the parking lot and asked which was my bike, he is surprised when I pointed out my 05 FZ6. 'I though you would have a Harley" he says. I use my favorite line..."I was thinking about getting one when I get old". He says he understands...having only recently sold his 'Suzuki Ninja', he too prefers sport bikes. :D

I am thinking that he might be making that up though.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geez Tom, what kind of friend's befriends are you hanging out with? Everyone knows Kawasaki makes the gixxer!

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On the plus side the guy liked you well enough to try to impress you. Or maybe he thought he had to? What kind of influence do you have on the younger generation, man?

Archeon

Reaction score
Visit site
My usual response to people who ask why I don't ride a Harley is:

"If I wanted something that didn't accelerate, stop, or go round corners, I'd buy a car."

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
UYhictZ.jpg

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of posers in general, I always found it quite ironic that the people who tend to scoff at the notion of riding a 600 are the same folks that first have to ask, "Is that a liter bike?"

Let me translate that to what I hear.

"Let me first prove to you that I have little to no knowledge about motorcycles, and probably lack any notable skill in operating one. THEN we can proceed with the part where I pretend to be better than you."

Last edited: