This forum makes you mod!!

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Well thanks to all the forum contributors, I have officially become obsessed with modifying my 2007, FZ6. Last year I did the race tech front suspension springs, emulator, oil really an amazing mod. This year brake lines, some covers for MC and reservoir, also really looking at some GIVI side bags. Whats next, I know the list is enormous but man all these good suggestions. Thanks everyone for turning a hobby into a passion!!! I LOVE MY FIZZER!!!!!:thumbup:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously!!! Its all their fault!! haha

No but really.....it is. I got my 2007 "stock" (mostly) Red FZ6 last year, first bike. When I got it I couldn't understand how others, or see myself really doing anything to the bike. Me? Mod? Naaahhh....... :liar:

Then I wandered the internet, stumbled upon this forum, saw all the cool stuff people were doing and a couple grand later poof....my bike looks nothing like it did before haha! :BLAA:

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL Kazza :thumbup:

I agree, I would have left mine "stock as a rock" as an old "moto gang" friend of mine once said, if not for this forum. And that other forum, which has largely drifted over to here as far as the hardcore FZ6 guys is concerned.

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on that. Lurked on here for 3 months until I found a 07 Blue FZ6

Just got my FZ on Tuesday, came with GIVI cases that I removed. Already ordered motogiro's headlight mod kit, and plan to reshape the seat for lowering. Other mods are planned, the more I read, the more I want to do.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Agree 100%. Good thing my bike was a little rough and I got a good price because I've spent a boatload of $$ fixing her up along with some minor mods.

Just don't tell the wife! :BLAA:

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't know what modding was untill I came here. Thanks All.

BD43
Air horn
Battery tender
Gerbings electric jacket
GPS
Garage door opener

The best of all,this fourm family.

Doc

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my bike, and tought I'll just change some small things like levers and so on... bu th more I read here the more I need to change.

VUU

VW gearhead
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually I agree this forum makes you want to mod really bad. At first I was looking for some ideas on a streetfighter conversion for my bike, found this site and now I have a list including cans, levers, bars, rearsets, mirrors, brake lines, signals, fender eliminator and more. I would add to though that this site makes you want to ride the fz more, before I came here I was looking at a gsxr-750 this summer, now I just want to do more to my bike and put off the zuk for another year, credit can't handle it after all this and the gf getting her first bike.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Feed the addiction. . . . :thumbup:

And yes, a great place to share your thoughts and get some feed back. . .

peteehoward

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had my bike for 4 months now and when ever i save money up i am modding my baby. I just cant help it. There are so many suggestions on this forum it drives you to do more and more.

Northern Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I am glad to see I am not alone in my addiction to Mods. Now I am thinking forget the saddle bags and put on some nice aftermarket slip on muffs. MMMMMMM...Muff.

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously!!! Its all their fault!! haha

No but really.....it is. I got my 2007 "stock" (mostly) Red FZ6 last year, first bike. When I got it I couldn't understand how others, or see myself really doing anything to the bike. Me? Mod? Naaahhh....... :liar:

Then I wandered the internet, stumbled upon this forum, saw all the cool stuff people were doing and a couple grand later poof....my bike looks nothing like it did before haha! :BLAA:

Thanks for posting them side by side, it truly shows how much time and effect you put into making the bike your own.

:thumbup:

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well thanks to all the forum contributors, I have officially become obsessed with modifying my 2007, FZ6. Last year I did the race tech front suspension springs, emulator, oil really an amazing mod. This year brake lines, some covers for MC and reservoir, also really looking at some GIVI side bags. Whats next, I know the list is enormous but man all these good suggestions. Thanks everyone for turning a hobby into a passion!!! I LOVE MY FIZZER!!!!!:thumbup:

Did you mess with the rear shock at all? I bought the emulator for the rear but it is a sealed shock and have to send it out to them to have a nitrogen recharge valve added. The front will be done tomorrow.