Thank You FZ6-Forum.

TSi Fly

Reaction score
Visit site
I would just like to say a big thank you to all of you guys on the forum.
After years of riding all sorts of bikes from old XJ550's to a Trophy 1200 and five years away from bikes after a back injury I returned to motorcycling 2 years ago.
I did my research tried loads of lightweight bikes lurked on this forum and decided on a new FZ6 Fazer S2.
She came with the Yamaha fairing lowers, touring screen,heated grips, alarm, and I added a givi rack, top case, bagster tank cover and bag and a BD43 headlamp mod. It was a real revalation after years of heavy bikes that I never really felt at one with. I don't get much time to ride so I have never in the past felt very confident on the bikes I've owned but the FZ just did everything I wanted and is the only bike that I have felt I could get on after not riding for a month and not needed to learn to ride it again. She handles beautifully wet or dry, on poor surfaces and forgives my mistakes and over confidence.
I was visiting a local dealer to book her in for her service when I noticed an immaculate BMW R1200GS, ( a bike I have always fancied) started chatting to the salesman and he came up with an unbeatable deal with the FZ in part exchange. In the showroom the GS didn't feel too tall and was comfy so I paid a deposit subject to a satisfactory road test. The day I did the road test I had the GS for an hour and was at home on it pretty quickly, it was good on the motorway with less buffeting than the FZ, handled the twistys well and I was just about able to get her in my shed at the rear of my garden. On the way back I had to negotiate several mini roundabouts at low speed, this is where it felt all wrong, heavy bike pushing you on, rocking suspension on and off power (BMW) made me remember all of my bad big bike experiences and feel the FZ was still my idea bike so I rode to the dealer and the deal was off.
I guess I really didn't think the FZ was up to touring on and thats where you guys have helped me. Some of you have managed vast touring mileages touring so again I researched this site and started modding again.
I have treated her to an MRA vario flip screen, Givi plx rack and V35 cases and inner bags which I will be fitting this week.
Lady luck has really smiled on me with my recent purchases, all of the above bits were bought at well under list prices with a bit of haggling and when the FZ went in for a service they replaced the mirrors as the sivering was deteriorating even though she was 3 days out of warranty!
Now to cap an excellent week I have bagged a Schuberth C2 helmet half price in my local dealers sale!
So once again a BIG thank you to all the forum members for posting your mods, how to's, etc which have helped me cement my relationship with my perfect bike!:thumbup: