Throttle freeplay mystery

uglyguitar

Reaction score
Visit site
I just changed my bars out to the FZ1 bar. Everything went just along swimmingly (I elected to grind the little plastic tab off the throttle sleeve). When I got everything back together, fired it up and noticed the throttle would not return. I figured there was not enough slack in the cable, so I ran the adjustment at the bar all the way out for max freeplay. Throttle was still not returning, it feels like it is just super sluggish. Any suggestions? If this wasn't enough, I noticed the back screw was missing off the throttle! Since this is the first time I've goofed with it, it must have been missing from the factory or steelership.

bwahahaha! Ever do something really stupid? After eating dinner, I went back out and checked it out again. I figured it out... bar end weight was rubbing. I'm an idiot!

That was the frist thing I was going to sugest to check. :) I had a simmilar issue when I installed new grips.

if its not the bar end (which it was for you :thumbup: ), the next thing to do is loosen the screws on the throttle side switch housing. sometimes the cable slips into an improper position when putting all that back together. if loosening that doesnt unbind the throttle play, then you know its somewhere in the cables.

i love an easy fix!

Back