To Female Riders:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So Quick Question...

Guys is it still as Hott when a chick rides her own ride and doesn't try to "keep up"? Does she need specific skill level to keep her hottness? If she stalls out in front of you is she still hott or just being laughed at now?

I am looking for real replys.:confused:

She's still hot. I mean, men make mistakes too. And on rides, I often see guys stopped waiting for their "male" friends to catch up. :eek:

And last month, I saw a 50+ year old at traffic lights that just forgot to put his feet down and the whole thing fell over, not so cool or hot then (he was also on a pretend cruiser.... :spank:). I did feel sorry for him though :(

Last edited:

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha ha ha.. strangely this thread is up.
Couple of weeks ago, at the riding, there was an accidents at the road.
As the road was pretty narrow, I had to stop and got some rest before trying to turn bike slowly.
Then, a sports bike came and the rider showed me how to turn bike at the narrow road.
The rider; yes a female small figure, holded her heavy sports bike by two hands
(one at the left body or handle bar???, one at the right side body frame) and then...
Amazingly, she just hold up bike to the air (out of the ground),
and turned bike 180 degree without any hesitation... whew... couldn't believe it.
Asked her how did you do???
She told me >> use quick stand as the pivoting point.......that was trick.
Anyway, she was a Great Female Rider... ha ha ha

Shinleung

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
After I, or I should say "we" (my wife and I) got our bike, a 2008 Blue FZ6, I drive, she rides on the back, it took a while to convince my daughter to go on a little ride with me. Finally she gave in and we just went on a short, 15 minute ride. A few weeks later, she was in a rotten mood so my wife convinced her to go on a "real" ride, we went about 150 miles that day. She rode with me and my wife rode with one of my buddies on his Honda CBR600. When we were done with our ride, my daughter pops up and says she had so much fun that she's going to take the safety course and buy her own bike. She signed up for the course that day. She makes a dad proud. The only thing though, which isn't all that bad, I guess, is that she wants a Harley looking type of bike and the one she has pretty much made up her mind for is the Honda Shadow, Spirit 750. I tried my best to talk her into a sport bike but she says that all of those are too tall for her. She does have short legs. I even suggested the Yamaha FZ6R, but she likes the "BADASS" (according to her) look. Now, all I have to do is get my son a bike. He really wants one (a sport bike) but has no money yet. It'll be nice when the whole family can go far a ride together.

that's so sweet.

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha ha ha.. strangely this thread is up.
Couple of weeks ago, at the riding, there was an accidents at the road.
As the road was pretty narrow, I had to stop and got some rest before trying to turn bike slowly.
Then, a sports bike came and the rider showed me how to turn bike at the narrow road.
The rider; yes a female small figure, holded her heavy sports bike by two hands
(one at the left body or handle bar???, one at the right side body frame) and then...
Amazingly, she just hold up bike to the air (out of the ground),
and turned bike 180 degree without any hesitation... whew... couldn't believe it.
Asked her how did you do???
She told me >> use quick stand as the pivoting point.......that was trick.
Anyway, she was a Great Female Rider... ha ha ha

That's a great way to bust your kickstand and then drop the bike.

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
I'm female and ride and drive. be honest, i hate driving a car. Riding bikes comes natural and i love it. I've been riding longer than I've been driving. I'm also a speed freak, but do it on the right roads at the right time.

JustinID

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife doesn't have a problem with riding a bike, she has a problem with all the cars she has to share the road with. Actually, she has a problem with all the cars that *I* have to share the road with. It's hard enough to get her to ride 2-up, there's no way she'd ride on her own. Now on dirt bikes... she has a blast. Except that if it even feels like it's going to tip over, she just jumps off and waits for me to come pick it up and restart it for her. bleh :p

Not objectifying women here... but you know how people will talk about a 1-10 scale for attractiveness? There are a few things that will automatically add 1-2 points to any score for me. A girl on skis, running/jogging, or on a bike (motorized or not) definitely adds to the overall package. It's all about choosing to get out and enjoy life instead of staying in and enjoying bon-bons. :D

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm happy to see anyone up on 2 on the road, I tend to think +1 for the sport rider girl wearing pink gear and the ponytail. One time I pulled up next to a lady on a cruser, with a half helmet and I think a leather vest, jeans on. I could tell she was shaking her head at me because I was on a FZ and wearing all my gear. I have a hard time with that attitude from a male or female.

I have been trying to support my wife into getting her own endorcement and bike, things have always kept her from doing it, last year a broken ankel, this year a baby.... Maybe next year I'll get her to a course and the bike. She loves to go riding 2 up with me and I think she is a great pillion. I look forward to when my girls will be old enough and we can go for a family ride. :p

RacerChick621

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a female and have grown up around cars, bikes, racing etc. I fell in love with motorcycles when I took my first ride; probably about 5 years old. I don't know about these other ladies but I am SURE that many of us are far better drivers than many men that we know!! I just purchased my first sport bike and I LOVE IT!! I am brand new to street riding but I am comfortable on a bike from riding dirt bikes growing up. Just because I am female doesn't mean that I cannot drive.
I have a passion for riding and I enjoy riding with other people both men and women. We share a common love for bikes and thats all that counts.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to This great forum! Congratulations on the FZ6!
Street is different than dirt. The dirt will give you great riding skills but you need to tune into and read drivers on the road. Protective gear is a must!
Have Fun!

shortydonnat

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow some of you guys are brutal LOL. I am 4'11" rode a Buell blast and got my Ducati now. I won't say I'm the best rider, but putting more miles under my thong and getting better. I love riding had to lower my bike get a lower seat and height boots. Have had guys they would rather ride behind can't understand why hahaha.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, some of you guys, just . . . wow. Yeah, there's a good way to get hot chicks to notice you. ;)

+1 for the Brad Pitt comment.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, some of you guys, just . . . wow. Yeah, there's a good way to get hot chicks to notice you. ;)

+1 for the Brad Pitt comment.

:hijack:

Here is an adorable Brad Pitt fan:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL6GgbafGTY]Brad Pitt! - YouTube[/ame]

minanisci

Reaction score
Visit site
As a relatively new lady rider (been riding about 1.5 years), there are several things that make me inclined to believe that motorcycles are a more difficult thing for women to get into. Most bikes are designed and geared with the primarily male market in mind. The average height difference alone (men are 5'9" and women are 5'4") means that when a bike is designed for a man, the average woman will struggle with the seat height. The ninja 250 solves this for a lot of women, but still, I am on my toes with my '05 fz6. The height doesn't stop me as I have grown comfortable with tall seats when I played with my boyfriend's drz400sm and versys, but a lot of women have to put a lot of money into lowering bikes. Also, the gear available for women, in my opinion, is greatly lacking. Scorpion is my main provider, though I have a nice leather jacket from shift, but the selection is really poor compared to the men's gear. I can't even try and dip into the men's gear market for the most part because the armor doesn't align properly.

Despite these challenges, I don't think that women can't right pr aren't capable of riding. I know a lot of female riders and a lot of women looking to get into riding. I've ridden quite a few different styles of motorbikes in my year and a half of riding and do most of my own mechanical work. I think that there is no stopping a woman. A 21 year old lady, such as myself, is more likely to be safe than a man of a similar age. That said, I think that men and women both make wonderful riding companions and I love to see any motorcyclist waving at me as I head on down the road.

Sorry for the mouthful, but I thought I would address the initial query on why there might not be more lady riders.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
As a relatively new lady rider (been riding about 1.5 years), there are several things that make me inclined to believe that motorcycles are a more difficult thing for women to get into. Most bikes are designed and geared with the primarily male market in mind. The average height difference alone (men are 5'9" and women are 5'4") means that when a bike is designed for a man, the average woman will struggle with the seat height. The ninja 250 solves this for a lot of women, but still, I am on my toes with my '05 fz6. The height doesn't stop me as I have grown comfortable with tall seats when I played with my boyfriend's drz400sm and versys, but a lot of women have to put a lot of money into lowering bikes. Also, the gear available for women, in my opinion, is greatly lacking. Scorpion is my main provider, though I have a nice leather jacket from shift, but the selection is really poor compared to the men's gear. I can't even try and dip into the men's gear market for the most part because the armor doesn't align properly.

Despite these challenges, I don't think that women can't right pr aren't capable of riding. I know a lot of female riders and a lot of women looking to get into riding. I've ridden quite a few different styles of motorbikes in my year and a half of riding and do most of my own mechanical work. I think that there is no stopping a woman. A 21 year old lady, such as myself, is more likely to be safe than a man of a similar age. That said, I think that men and women both make wonderful riding companions and I love to see any motorcyclist waving at me as I head on down the road.

Sorry for the mouthful, but I thought I would address the initial query on why there might not be more lady riders.
Oh, ditto on the seat height. I wish I had longer legs!

One thing I did notice this year: I took off some weight, and I can reach the ground way better now.

wicrules

Reaction score
Visit site
I love it when my wife goes for rides with me. She rode pillion on my FZ6 a couple of times, got jealous when I went out with our friends (wives ride) and decided to take the MSF BRC. She hasn't been back on mine since and rides her Honda Rebel 250 as often as she can.

We look for opportunities to get a babysitter and head out, regardless of how long/short a ride it is.

We are planning a road trip in July and can't wait (Huntsville, AL to Helen, GA).

I'm all for female riders!

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
I think weather a girl rider is "hot" or not depends on a couple things.

First: Do they have a decent body? If she doesn't, is she still trying to show it off? (This may sound shallow, but keep with me here.) Tight clothing on women who don't really have the body for it makes the woman not hot regardless of what she's doing.

If they have a "decent" body, are they smart or dumb?

Example time: I was on a ride with my family for about 2 hours. We decided to stop and get some ice cream near Holland, and we pulled up to the shop. I'm last in line, so from left to right it went My dad (95 goldwing 1500), my brother in law (95 magna 750), me (fz6) and then a random newer looking zx6r. I was impressed! It was in great shape. So then I see a girl walk up to it after a few minutes. She had an okay body, but the fact she drove a zx6r was cute. She even had a full face helmet! But then the rest of her "gear": low top converse (can there be a worse idea than CANVAS shoes?), a t-shirt, AND YOGA PANTS. Instant turn off right there. She rode away, and my parents razzed me a bit about her. The usual "you should've gotten her number" stuff... My response: Why? She's not smart enough to wear anything than yoga pants on a bike.

I personally think girls in full gear are quite sexy...