To Female Riders:

jeadra

Reaction score
Visit site
Just in case any other women riders want to keep up on various topics, RevGirl is a site I've grown to like over the years.

RevGirl.com

Their recent survey results are pretty interesting.

CincoBoy

Tiny Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw three college-age girls on motorcycles in downtown Salt Lake yesterday. One was riding pillion while two were driving. They were on harley-type bikes. Sadly they were all in summer clothing: shorts, flip-flips, tanks, and NO helmets. The solo rider seemed very competent (well... as competent as you can be without wearing a helmet) while the other girl stalled at the light.

jeadra

Reaction score
Visit site
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.

It still boggles my mind just how many riders, regardless of sex, can ride in FLIP-FLOPS! Shifting can't be pleasant! :shakehead:

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Just out of curiosity :D . . . is a male rider more attractive to women than a guy who isn't a rider? I mean, wouldn't it totally depend on the guy?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just out of curiosity :D . . . is a male rider more attractive to women than a guy who isn't a rider? I mean, wouldn't it totally depend on the guy?

Yes!

P10002691024x768.jpg

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
If i could afford another bike right now id buy one for my better half ... though she does prefer the big cruisers ...probably cause shes a short ass n needs a step ladder to get on bike :D

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
If i could afford another bike right now id buy one for my better half ... though she does prefer the big cruisers ...probably cause shes a short ass n needs a step ladder to get on bike :D

My wife's in the same boat. She's short. So short she can't get my FZ6 off the side stand. She saw an 883 Sportster and now wants one. Coincidentally, a coworker's dad is thinking about selling his. Hmmmm...we shall see.

jeadra

Reaction score
Visit site

Usually, yes....unless they open their mouth & promptly insert their boot. ;)

Heh. But that usually happens with the younger guys. Their egos tend to make them less attractive....kids these days.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I can relate with this one even though I am a :eek: girl. One lady that we used to hang out with failed the COURSE! TWICE!! The third time she got it, but I seriously wonder if it was a pity thing. She rides like she has a pole up her...ummmm spine and only rides her bike about 5 blocks to the local breakfast joint on Saturday mornings. So I can understand saying that some women are crap drivers.

But to make this general statement?! (I'm too much of a LADY to flip him off) So I will leave it at this. I ride because I LOVE to ride, and I am fairly good at it. I am not saying I am the best, but I hold my own and leave people behind in the twisties.

My hubbie and I went for a ride with a local sportbike club last summer. I could see the look on the guys faces when they saw me. By the time we stopped at the first stop, they were gathered around me. hahaha "how long have you been riding?" I say, "first season". "Wow" was all they could say. Now I wasn't at the front of the pack in the twisties but I wasn't holding up the group either. On the superslab, to get back to town, I was infront of the guys on the CBR1000rr's. They couldn't pass me on my FZ6 (faster blue one). At the end, they were saying they were looking forward to seeing me again. hahaha This coming season we plan to go again.

On another outing, my hubbie, son, and I were filling our tanks, when a gentleman on an adventure type bike stopped, came over to me and asked if I had a sister. I guess he was hoping to find a lady friend to ride with. I'm glad not all men are threatened but a strong, confident lady riding her own ride. :thumbup: My hubbie and I have gone on some overnight rides together too. Let's just say they were very romantic evenings....

Keep on ridin ladies! :cheer:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I went on a group ride with a group called the BMW Rim Riders here in AZ. The organizers on meetup.com are a couple of ladies Angie and Shelly (I think they are a couple). Well these ladies were on a set of F800ST's and they could ride like the wind. It was my first long ride and I had to do everything I could to keep up with them, I held my own but they still smoked me.

The two instructors that I had at the Advanced Rider Course this weekend were both women. There was another blonde female instructor (so hot, at my BRC).

My friend Jade had a Triumph Bonneville that she used to kill it on and sadly she was also into women otherwise I would have made passes at her.

And finally the reason I actually took the plunge into riding after deliberating and stopping myself for 10 years was actually a woman.

Dlinquencious

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Zdz4a4WLw]Why I Ride a Motorcycle - YouTube[/ame]

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site

It depends on how their butt looks..... and of course they have to have all the gear on. Flip flops, wife beater t-shirt isn't sexy at all.:rockon:

FLPicker

Reaction score
Visit site
It had been years...many years...since I had owned a motorcycle. Some friends bought bikes and I decided to get back into it. When I mentioned it to my wife she said, great I think that sounds like fun, maybe I should look into getting my license. The response I got from many of my friends. Was "your wife is going to let you?". Ha ha.

We are in our late 40s and my wife had never ridden before. She IMMEDIATELY took the the class, got her license and started on a 600 cc Honda Silverwing. She spent a year, and a few thousand miles, on that and then was ready for a bike. After a trip to bike week in Daytona, and riding a bunch of motorcycles, she settled on an 800cc cruiser. On more than one occasion she has said she is pissed that she did not start riding sooner. We really enjoy it. I ride a bit more spirited when it is "just the boys", but going out for a cruise with my wife is a lot of fun. For the time spent in the saddle, she is a good rider. I'd say better than I was at that experience level. I get a kick out of seeing her all geared up too.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my bike in late 2010. I rode a little the first year and a half, but when I hit a tough spot in my life I found riding to be my salvation. It required enough concentration to distract me from all else...and then I met some folks from this forum. Riding is when I am most happy and alive.

As for the guys I meet while riding, I have to be careful. A lot of the younger ones want to show off so I try to stay away from them so they can focus on their riding. I've met some excellent riders who seem to think it is okay to treat the road like a racetrack. I let them go ahead and just ride my ride. I get uncomfortable when riding faster "than my eyes can see" and still imagine hazards around every blind corner. It's just not fun for me when I am pushing the limits. I'm more than "fast" enough for our roads and I love my own pace. My forum buddies have told me of their close calls and I prefer to avoid those pucker moments that happen when you ride faster than conditions warrant.

I love riding. And apparently, some guys appreciate the view when following me. Maybe I keep them safe?! Lol

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Verharen, the way you ride is the way we all should ride, to our own limitations, I tried to keep up with people and nearly killed 2 car loads of people, just to try and keep up. Ride to wear you are comfortable and stay safe. All that have riden with you seem impressed, so good on you.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a pic of my girlfriend.... (I should say Fiancee as of New Years Eve!!) on her little Suzuki! She loves riding!!