Top Speed???

Re: Top Speed

Yeah, I only got up to 90mph for a short time. Lane was ending and commited myself to an openeing ahead of a pack of cages.

During a Country ride last week I took it up to a Buck 20 and was in total amazeent of the reserve power still left.. these bikes are really quick.:Sport:

i had mine up to 146. country road with noone around. only did it once but it felt like it wanted to rip me off the bike. it still felt like it had a bit more to give too.

Last month did a ride with some friends. 1st slot was a FZ1, 2nd slot ZZR600, I was in 3rd slot. I was busy watching my position and only saw my speedo once as it past 125 MPH. My friend on the FZ1 said we topped out at 145 MPH. I'll have to take his word on that. Did 120 MPH durning break in last year. :noworries:

I'm at 800 miles on this FZ6 and so far the fastest I've gotten it to is 109mph. It feels like nothing at all, and happened as I passed a PU truck.

I thought, "Damn, I got by him quickly." and saw 109.

Fast little bike.

Every time we have this topic i get flamed for telling on myself but as for my new 06 only about 130mph my old 05 (RIP) topped out at 166mph, keep in mind thats indicated.

I bought my bike in California which has more emission stuff on it so I'm not able to get up as fast as some, but last month when I was at the track, I was about to get up to mid-140.:rockon:

During break in i dont remember but i think i stayed away from triple digit speeds. Recently established my record, did 147mph, possibly 148 but wasnt looking at the speedo after 147mph...so officially 147mph. My last record was 141mph (lasted for a year) :p

I think it is good to see that travelling at these high speeds scares most of us ****less. I have been up to 220kph on mine on the autobahn in Germany. They do not have speed limits on some sections.

Although these bikes can go at high speeds I doubt if the designers intended them to be ridden on a regular basis at high speeds. They are not aerodynamically suited for it.

A regular thread on here is the screens on the FZ6 and how it causes turbulance. I have the Puig racing screen on mine and it still causes the turbulance. Just looking at the short stock fairing you can see there are enogh bumps and ridges on it to catch the wind.

Its fun to ride fast but be aware it is so easy to come off as well.

THIS WAS A SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT FROM SOMEONE WHO BROKE BOTH ARMS AND A LEG IN THE SAME BIKE ACCIDENT.

steve

135 in my truck. I can't post on my experience with the bike yet. :confused:

I'll start by saying, I'm a short, humble, law-abiding citizen who would NEVER dream of breaking the law.

That being said, I would never, EVER say that my bike has gotten up to a Buck Fourty-One indicated mph.
:squid:

Back