Track Day Photos

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks OZ. I was just hanging out on the hot pit waiting for some slower riders to circulate. I was surprised when I saw it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet riding and sweet bike. Thank you for the pics and the inspiration...:rockon:

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Lookin good Pete, nice pics, looks like a great day. I'm off to Eagles Canyon here in Dallas on Saturday, hope I can manage to look as cool as you, lol. :rockon:
Brian

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
not an fz6. bleh. wrong forum.

LoL. jk. photos look really cool.

and i know someone who actually made a move from an fz6 to that buell. looks beastly.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lookin good Pete, nice pics, looks like a great day. I'm off to Eagles Canyon here in Dallas on Saturday, hope I can manage to look as cool as you, lol. :rockon:
Brian

I've never ridden there, give us a good write up and have fun! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hell yeah HellGate! Very cool shots and nice form!!!

Thanks Wavex. One of my goals for that day was to really work on form and drop the old school '80's style of hanging off. I think I made some good progress but need to keep working on it. What really helped was the bike itself and the position that it provides. The distance from the saddle to the bars seems to be shorter than the FZ and it allowed me to lead with my upper body into the corner better. And I can say enough for a proper set of rearsets and clip ons for the track, simply night and day. I was close with Louis' setback plates and the ConvertiBars but the egos weren't quite there for me.

Don't mean to brag but Jon, the instructor who was helping me said, "Man you are smooth, I could just follow behind you and watch you ride all day." He worked with me for about 4 sessions for about 4 laps per session and it really helped. I went from reacting to the track to predicting the track. I need to grow my confidence now. I know I can go faster in certain sections but I get scared and don't hit it as hard as I know the bike can handle it. Specifically the drive out of the corner. The bike is so fast it can be scary. The confidence will come with a few more track days.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Wavex. One of my goals for that day was to really work on form and drop the old school '80's style of hanging off. I think I made some good progress but need to keep working on it. What really helped was the bike itself and the position that it provides. The distance from the saddle to the bars seems to be shorter than the FZ and it allowed me to lead with my upper body into the corner better. And I can say enough for a proper set of rearsets and clip ons for the track, simply night and day. I was close with Louis' setback plates and the ConvertiBars but the egos weren't quite there for me.

Don't mean to brag but Jon, the instructor who was helping me said, "Man you are smooth, I could just follow behind you and watch you ride all day." He worked with me for about 4 sessions for about 4 laps per session and it really helped. I went from reacting to the track to predicting the track. I need to grow my confidence now. I know I can go faster in certain sections but I get scared and don't hit it as hard as I know the bike can handle it. Specifically the drive out of the corner. The bike is so fast it can be scary. The confidence will come with a few more track days.

haha I can only imagine! That rotax engine is impressive and I too would think twice before opening "wide open" coming out of a turn!
I'm with you about being scared to hit it... I was very conservative my last time on the track (for multiple reasons), but while I wanted to go faster and take more risks (that's just my nature), I really forced myself to take it easy, and to take my time... and as I was doing that, and increasing my speed in small increments (hitting the brakes a bit later every time, opening up a bit earlier everytime...) I realized that it helped me build up confidence, and also helped me better understand the impact that these small changes had me, the bike, traction, etc... it just felt like I was in total control, and it felt good.