Trying to remove Givi top rack

jts6yf

Reaction score
Visit site
HELP!!!

Ok so I'm trying to remove the top rack on my bike and I got everything off except for those damned inserts that slide into the back tubes of the subframe. Does anyone that has removed these already have any advice for me? I'm trying to sell the bike but I would like to sell the rack separately.

Thanks
Jonathan

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HELP!!!

Ok so I'm trying to remove the top rack on my bike and I got everything off except for those damned inserts that slide into the back tubes of the subframe. Does anyone that has removed these already have any advice for me? I'm trying to sell the bike but I would like to sell the rack separately.

Thanks
Jonathan

just did this a bit ago the bolt is threaded into a wedge unthread the bolt then hit it with a soft hammer or plastic hammer to push the jam back, make sure you have sufficient threads or the wedge will fall down and be gone......
once the wedge is knocked back just grab the piece with some pliers and pull em out i hit it with some wd40 so it was a little easier....

hope that helps the first one a scratched up as i did not hit the wedge back good luck take your time

jts6yf

Reaction score
Visit site
You are the most amazing guy ever. With your advice, a block of wood, and a hefty blow from the hammer, I got them out. Thanks!

P.S.-I'll have you guys know that I may be selling my bike but I'm not extirely dropping out. I'm just moving up into the FZ1!!! Muuhahahahaha :rockon:

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I see the OP got it out, but for anyone else, if the wedge pieces drop into the subframe, one of those long flexible magnets or a flexible retriever should work to fish it out.

ANA-T19602.jpg

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great to see you got em whooped my ass for a few minutes too;) I thought it was a rubber expansion plug but it was a wedge damn you givi lol ;) pics of fz1 please