UK trip from continental Europe, September 9th, 10th & 11th, 2011

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Bloody hell, how's your heart! :eek: :)

Special K or a muesli bar for my brekky and ALWAYS with a coffee :rockon:

blood pressure is spot on, resting heart rate is around 50, don't know what my bloods are like, but i suspect they are also good, body fat is around 10-11% :D

i tend to keep my carbs low, and just eat lots of meat and (good) fats, and exercise a lot (I crossfit...) :D

dark chocolate is my vice though, especially mint flavoured stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well a week to go There will be 4 people coming across from Holland Tim (Drinky), Frank(Astennu), Ronald (mate of mine) and myself.

so here's the plan (times are aproximate but will I'll change this nearer the time). If anyone has any problems or suggestions please let me know :thumbup:

We'll be catching a ferry at about 1400 on friday afternoon (still to be arranged). It will be a bit over a 4 hour ride from Alkmaar. I'll be riding down with Ronald. I suggest meeting up at the belgium border (Hazeldonk West) with the guys from Nijmegen (if they don't mind the 4 minutes detour). We can arrange exact timings later.

The ferry trip will take about an hour and a half so we should arrive in UK approx 1430 local time (UK is an hour behind us).

Mike (my mate from UK) will be meeting us at Dover.

We'll take this route to Canterbury (or similar).
We'll be staying at Kipps B&B Canterbury.
We'll go for breakfast on Saturday to the Solo cafe, in Wincheap, near the Canterbury junction on the A2 (handy if anyone else wants to meet up).

We'll be riding this route and stopping at places like Battle and Herstmonceux castle along the way. We'll be stopping at Wessons cafe (a bikers cafe) for a late lunch. Then following the route back to Canterbury.

On the Sunday we'll probably be stopping at Solo cafe again (unless we had a bad experience the day before) and then following this route
We'll be stopping for an early lunch at the Strand Quay cafe Bikers cafe and meeting place of the Kent & Sussex riders forum. and then following the rest of the route back to the port/eurotunnel. At the moment I'm thinking of leaving the UK around 1400, which will mean arriving on the continent around 1630, and then heading home.

I'm really looking forward to it :rockon:, I just hope the weather gods are feeling benevolent :bow:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks and sounds great Martin, predicted weather looks ok, mainly dry and about 20 degrees celcius.

I'm curious about the rooms though. They only had mixed 4 person rooms available.
I have a hard time sleeping in beds other than my own, and snoring ppl drive me nuts :(
Is there a pub around the corner?? I usually fix this problem by drinking a couple of beers ;)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks and sounds great Martin, predicted weather looks ok, mainly dry and about 20 degrees celcius.

I'm curious about the rooms though. They only had mixed 4 person rooms available.
I have a hard time sleeping in beds other than my own, and snoring ppl drive me nuts :(
Is there a pub around the corner?? I usually fix this problem by drinking a couple of beers ;)

yeah weathers looking ok at the moment, but I won't hold my breath (the weather can really change in 5 days).

Well at the moment I have booked a double (Ronalds wife's not coming now but he likes the idea of his own room) 3 person room (originally planned for Mike, Frank and myself) you have booked a single bed in a 4 persons room. I can ask if we can change to a double and four persons room if you prefer, but I'm afraid I DO snore especially after a couple of beers :spank:

Canterbury city centre is not far away (within walking distance) and there's always a pub somewhere close in England :cheer:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ferries have now been booked. On Friday 9th September we are traveling on the 15:35 sea France boat from Calais arriving in Dover at 15:35 (due to time difference). On sunday the P&O ferry on the way back is leaving at 14:55 from Dover and arrives in Calais at 17:25. :cheer:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, GPS routes ready to go?? Haven't seen Frank post here yet, meeting at the belgium border is not a problem for me, what time do you want to meet there??
the bmw is packed, have LOTS of space left for food and beer to bring back :p

edit, i've read the email :)

Last edited:

Grouse

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get your full English brekie ? I hope you enjoyed your trip over here. Next time you have got to get up to the Scottish Highlands, no speed cameras and some of the best biking roads on this Island. looking forward to your ride report. :thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got home about 2245, but we stopped for a micky D's on the Dutch Border :thumbup: off to bed shortly, so I'll do some pics tomorrow:thumbup:

Last edited: