VIDEO - Motorcyclist Barrel Rolls down Highway - walks away

Wiseric

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep. did exactly the same thing on the freeway many years ago on my RZ350. First instinct is to get up and get the bike. It was only when I went to pick the bike up that I realised i had a sore wrist and later on noticed a big hole on my elbow and the bone showing. Funny thing was there was not a scratch on my helmet and my jeans were only slightly scuffed. Felt a right idiot for not wearing my body armor. It still annoys me to this day but I think I was very lucky to get away with just a nasty scar and partial loss of elbow movement.

Last edited:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, first thing---whether internally injured or whatever, get the F out of the road! I always think about what would happen if I went down on a busy freeway. Conclusion: whatever already happened would get much worse because, by and large, many drivers are morons,idiots in an emergency situation (why do you think so many tailgate the F out of everything?) and they will run RIGHT OVER you before they even realize what they did. So, if some motorist directly behind you didn't already hit/strike you at 70+ MPH then some other moron/idiot will who's still 1/2 mile behind you (and, afterwards, maybe honk the horn after running over you and continuing on w/o even stopping). I see these kind of bonehead moves all the time by others, don't you? For example, even with just something relatively simple, like slowing or speeding (whatever) to avoid hitting a squirrel, cat or something, some (many?) drivers will continue as if nothing is happening because they're in shock or are just morons. I'm not talking swerving recklessly or something and causing a massive pile-up, tanker truck accident scene but just adjusting one's speed slightly. I remember, once I was in an accident and a passerby driver, after the incident, honked his horn as he drove past us. As if we didn't know or something that we were involved in an accident!

Arty

Reaction score
Visit site
I reckon the guy was on his feet before he even realised he had wiped out.

He jumps up in that 30 - 45 second period after a spill where you are Batman.

Then the adrenaline starts to wear off and you start feeling all those little bumps and scrapes...

I bet anyone here who has dropped a bike at more than walking pace knows what I am talking about.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah, first thing---whether internally injured or whatever, get the F out of the road! I always think about what would happen if I went down on a busy freeway. Conclusion: whatever already happened would get much worse because, by and large, many drivers are morons,idiots in an emergency situation (why do you think so many tailgate the F out of everything?) and they will run RIGHT OVER you before they even realize what they did. So, if some motorist directly behind you didn't already hit/strike you at 70+ MPH then some other moron/idiot will who's still 1/2 mile behind you (and, afterwards, maybe honk the horn after running over you and continuing on w/o even stopping). I see these kind of bonehead moves all the time by others, don't you? For example, even with just something relatively simple, like slowing or speeding (whatever) to avoid hitting a squirrel, cat or something, some (many?) drivers will continue as if nothing is happening because they're in shock or are just morons. I'm not talking swerving recklessly or something and causing a massive pile-up, tanker truck accident scene but just adjusting one's speed slightly. I remember, once I was in an accident and a passerby driver, after the incident, honked his horn as he drove past us. As if we didn't know or something that we were involved in an accident!

enter%20keyboard.jpg