VR in Hawaii!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is truly the Pacific. Rather than going on my usual 5-6000 mile roadtrip on my Fizzer each summer, I have decided to splurge and do something different.

Pictures from the first day, didn't really have a chance to explore the island yet besides from where I am staying.

P1010860.jpg

Marriott-1.jpg

Marriott-2.jpg

Marriott-3.jpg

Marriott-4.jpg

Marriott-5.jpg

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dont ya just love it there? It's so calming....and if you miss the bike, you can always rent a scooter there :) Yeah, I know what you're thinking after reading that.....but really, they were a blast!
p.s. If you buy a Tshirt....make it a Crazy Shirt. A bit on the pricey side, but they last forever!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just some helpful advice. Comeoniwannalayya is not one of the islands. :spank:

LOL! I have socks with Hawaiin girl dancers on them from Comeoniwannaleiya!

Kenny,
My brother lived in Hawaii for years. That's where my parents met and married.

Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like paradise! Good for you Kenny. I was wondering if you were going to take a trip this year on the FZ or not. I am going to Cabo in October for Sammy Hagar's 50th birthday party. Should be fun. You enjoy Hawaii. :rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lucky bugger :thumbup: Keep the pics coming :D

Started off the day with breakfast overlooking the Pacific Ocean from my hotel.

P1010879.jpg

Came across a lot of turtles while swimming out in the ocean. They were huge!

P1010883.jpg

P1010885.jpg

P1010889.jpg

P1010890.jpg

P1010892.jpg

Sunset from a placed called Little Beach.

P1010898.jpg

Little Beach is well known by the locals, not so much by the tourist. It's a nude beach, but it's optional. Due to censorship rules here on this forum, I cannot post the nude pictures. Every Sunday night, they break out the bongos, drums and start beating and everyone starts dancing, some in the nude. You have people selling Marijuana and those special brownies and cookies like it was legal. At night, they start playing with fire.

P1010907.jpg

P1010913.jpg

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
The road to hana would be good if there were no tourists...it's super crowded with full size rental cars and it's pretty slimey and goaty.

Isn't is a massive fine for getting to close or touching a sea turtle? It seemed to be the most strictly enforced law on the islands.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
My sister lived on the big island for 5 years. We went out there and had a blast.

A bit of advice on rental cars in HI... don't get a white convertible. Doing so is screaming that you're a tourist. Being a tourist means you've got goods in your car, and won't be around long enough to track a thief down through police. There isn't a real problem with violent crimes, but there is a fair amount of poverty and drugs which lends itself to theft.

Also - if you haven't seen a cop car yet, trust me... they're out there. They're just not painted/standardized like in the continental US. Officers use their own car plus a blue light (at least on the big island... circa 5 years ago).

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The road to hana would be good if there were no tourists...it's super crowded with full size rental cars and it's pretty slimey and goaty.

Here is the road to Hana. They said its almost 700 turns in 50 miles.

P1010930.jpg

P1010932.jpg

Haleakala National Park: Half mile hike down to the water from the visitor center.

P1010934.jpg

Cheated death once again.

P1010940.jpg

P1010942.jpg

Started a 2.5 mile hike towards Waikomo Falls. It's uphill, and I'm glad I had my Camelback.

You end up hiking through a bamboo forest.

P1010951.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You come across several small waterfalls and pools.

P1010946-1.jpg

You get soaking wet from the falls, it's like you are taking a shower. I did not have any rain gear with me.

P1010958.jpg

P1010962.jpg

P1010968.jpg

P1010979.jpg

P1010982.jpg

P1010983.jpg

P1010986.jpg

Salty

Jeff
Reaction score
Visit site
I was stationed there for a few years...

Listen to the rental car thing, as the license plates give them away also, petty thieft is pretty bad there.

If you go to Oahu, try eating at Aunti Pastos off of Springfield ave (best chicken parm I ever had)

In the AM go to Anna Millers for breakfest and grab a pie (its near Pearl City Mall)

Dont buy anything until you go to Aloha Stadium on the weekend, same stuff but 1/2 to 3/4 cheaper.

There is a gay beach in Wakiki, not that there is anything wrong with that, but when my father in law visited he didnt listen to me when i told him do not go past the movie screen on the beach...... the thought everyone was so nice.... :D

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome pics!!! If you like it there I would recommend taking a trip to the US Virgin Islands and the Island of St John. I spent about 6 months working down there and the place is absolutely beautiful. It's not as big of a tourist attraction like Hawaii or St Thomas, so it's a lot more laid back chilled type of environment. Plus, if memory serves me right about 75% of the island is protected forest so it's not over developed for how small it is. Not to mention everything bad for you is dirt cheep, $1 beers, $2 for a pack to cigarettes $5 bottles of the best rum you've ever had. The island is 8miles long and full of some of the best roads I've ever seen, if I only had a way to get my bike down there I'd be in heaven!!!