Waiting for The Great Pumpkin!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
My brother in law is a farmer and owns a Pumpkin Patch, complete with a corn maze, petting zoo, etc. Every year since 2003 he and his daughters have shown up in the middle of the night the week before Halloween and decorated our yard. Here is a small taste of the Great Pumpkin in years past:

View attachment 23051
View attachment 23052
View attachment 23054
View attachment 23055
View attachment 23056
View attachment 23053
Last year we had over 900 pumpkins and gourds in our yard (look at all the little ones edging our sidewalk and flower beds).
I will post more pics once The Great Pumpkin strikes again!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool! Halloween was my mom's favorite times of year. We think she was a witch and when we were little could swear we would hear her cackling downstairs and also some of those wooshing sounds.....:Flash::D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Extremely cool....Halloween is celebrated in Oz, but rarely with such zest!

Awesome.

:thumbup:

W

wrightme43

My brother in law is a farmer and owns a Pumpkin Patch, complete with a corn maze, petting zoo, etc. Every year since 2003 he and his daughters have shown up in the middle of the night the week before Halloween and decorated our yard. Here is a small taste of the Great Pumpkin in years past:

View attachment 23051
View attachment 23052
View attachment 23054
View attachment 23055
View attachment 23056
View attachment 23053
Last year we had over 900 pumpkins and gourds in our yard (look at all the little ones edging our sidewalk and flower beds).
I will post more pics once The Great Pumpkin strikes again!!
LOL LOL Rock on :rockon: that is awesome.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's really cool Beth....I haven't done a pumpkin for a few years because the deer think it's set out just for them!

CoFZ6

Junior Newbie Trainee
Reaction score
Visit site
Extremely cool....Halloween is celebrated in Oz, but rarely with such zest!

Awesome.

:thumbup:

When I was living down there many years ago, I asked one of the guys I was working with if he was going to be giving out treats that night for the little trick-or-treaters. He said it was a 'bloody Yank holiday' and he wasn't going to bother with it as he had plans for the night. I told him he better leave out some candy for the kids or they would soap his windows, as that is the traditional trick if you don't give out candy. Sure enough, the next day he comes in all pissed off because his windows had been soaped. I'm glad it's catching on down there, it's a great excuse for another party. :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pictures Beth,

We have moved to the Republic of Ireland, here they do it big just like the USA.
We can't wait. Hopefully we are taking the children to a local castle for a feast of goblins and ghouls.

Nelly

trougnouf

Reaction score
Visit site
I won a halloween car decoration contest in high school last year. I had a 1992 Suzuki Gs500e at that time, it had purple (luckily my school's color!) leopard fur instead of the paint!

I rode it like that until the pumpkin went bad and disappeared.

I plan to do it again with the FZ6 this year. I will try to cut the bottom and make it go through the windshield.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
By popular demand (OK 3 people asked) :) I am posting some more pics of pumpkins of past years. We have not gotten any new ones yet for 2009. I hope our bad weather won't prevent the tradition. :(

Jeff told his brother we were battling the squirrels in the yard, so this is what we got that year. It's made of corn cobs. The squirrels were in HEAVEN:
View attachment 23097
These pretty little ones were EVERYWHERE last year, which is how we ended up with over 900 (987 was my count):
View attachment 23103
A clever way to use the long gourds: a scary spider:
View attachment 23099
They also sell mums, so they made a ghost:
View attachment 23100
Next to the ghost it said:
View attachment 23101
One of his daughters wanted to build the pyramid in the middle of the driveway. We were glad she was out voted on that one!! It would have taken Jeff and I a long time to move them so we could go to work! :eek: It doesn't look like much, but there were over 70 pumpkins in the pyramid:
View attachment 23102
It's fun seeing all the clever ways they decorate. I hope you all enjoy!!

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You are lucky to have such imaginative people in your family! What do you do with all the pumpkins? Thanks for sharing this, I sent it to my mom because she tries to find inventive ways to get rid of all their squash and pumpkins also. Maybe they will do this to the neighbor!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I tell the trick or treaters that if they want to, they can take any pumpkin in our yard, as long as they can carry it!! Most choose the cute little ones and put them in their candy bags, but occasionally we get a child that picks the biggest one he can wrap his arms around!! :D It is cute watching him carry it off!
I think your mom's neighbors would enjoy a pumpkin smiley face in their yard, too!!
We had another day/night of torrential rain in St Louis, so we are still pumpkin-less so far this year. :( Maybe tonight??

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site