Water pump, strange noises

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
Would you or someone show me how to remove the inner half water bump housing case? I heard someone said to use bumping air to push it out..but no idea/imagination how it can be forced out.

I'm planning to just replace the O-ring part# 7 but in case to have to remove everything to rebuild the seal just like you..(mine doesnt have the squealing sound yet but sip-leaking-turn-dried below and no obvious leak at all). I just want to ensure to replace it in time so the water won't get in the engine to cause more damage

Thanks so much anyone's response on this!

UPDATE :D - REPAIRED

My experience:

picture.php

Starting here

picture.php

Draining system, thought this was a cool pic, also removed inlet and outlet hoses.

picture.php

Outer cover removed, nothing strange.

picture.php

Pump removed, tight fit on that mounting O-ring. Used compressed air between inner half and engine to loosen then pulled right out.

picture.php

Inner half drive side view.

picture.php

Disassembly; oil seal, pump seal, oil O-ring & bearing, housing gasket & impeller with rubber damper & holder installed, circ clip.
picture.php

picture.php

Seal removed, noticed rust formation.

picture.php

picture.php

Cleaned surfaces with degreaser and Fast Orange hand cleaner.

Assembled per Service Manual. Manual error at step 3, fails to mention rubber damper & holder are one piece. Refilled system, no leaks, started, up to temp, topped off and took it for a ride. All done.