Water Wetter anyone???

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey im wondering if anyone is using any water wetter to their coolant... i was thinking of taking a little less than a 100ml of coolant out of the reservior and adding some water wetter...is this a good idea????

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey im wondering if anyone is using any water wetter to their coolant... i was thinking of taking a little less than a 100ml of coolant out of the reservior and adding some water wetter...is this a good idea????

What is water wetter????

:confused:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Been running it in my bike for four years. It's a must in the climate I live in. I have very little antifreeze in my radiator, consists mostly of distilled water and the water wetter.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have used it in a few of my cars that I race, I only noticed a slight difference in temps but considering what it costs I think it is worth it. From what I understand it simply prevents air bubbles from forming on the internal parts which cause temp increases. There is another version made by DEI that was rated as being slightly more effective.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i just put in about 80 ml of water wetter into my reservior... i would like to just run distilled water and water wetter but i live in ny n the weather sux over here:(

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
More specifically water is not a lubricant. The Wetter adds just enough slip to prevent spinning shafts from destroying seals on things like the water pump. Water alone will kill a seal over time and cost you horsepower.

I use water wetter when I start a new engine up. If you have leak, you don't have the sticky mess to deal with and its good for flushing a new system too. Once everything checks out, you dump it and use antifreeze for daily non-race use.

Some tracks don't allow it ethyl - glycol solutions as it doesn't evaporate and can lead to more accidents because its so slippery.

I'd think for everyday use, antifreeze also lowers the boiling point by some 30 degrees so its worth it to have it in there. The only way to offset that using water is to increase the pressure so it doesn't boil which is harder on the system. Also, I would read the label but I think it may require at least a yearly change. Not sure tho.