~~~ What did you do to your Bike Today Thread??? ~~~

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Finnally logged some miles on the beast....
20170527_161452_zpsgeuntxfy.jpg

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes sir, it is. I'll try to get back before I have to take my son to soccer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made it out.... 120mi of taking it easy...
20170618_150425_zpstcxtwvvn.jpg

View is looking east up the Columbia river. Washington on the left, Oregon on the right.

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
New clutch cable is installed, new turn signals, and... peripheral to the bike, I fixed my Sena microphone. With a modular helmet, flipping up and down, it was not long before I tore the microphone wire, so it's been receive-only for a bit. Managed to fix it this wknd, splicing very very thin wires, inner core was 6 thin strands approximating human hairs (or smaller). Took several attempts to strip, but it's working! And washed my helmet liner... it was due.

CADMAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Been a while, getting back on board. Took a 180 mile round trip thru N. Ga twisties last Saturday with a friend (he rides a 2016 Harley), what a ride.

SirLanceralot

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought my S1 last Saturday, so been doing a few things each day. Oil change, coolant flush/change (was dark brown from oxidation, yuck!), replaced a headlight, checked spark plugs, replaced the horn (had to pass the safety inspection), adjusted idle to correct specs, and repaired a few damaged wires from poor aftermarket taillight install.

Today though, I wired in some LED license plate light screws, the previous owner deleted the oem plate holder, so i needed some license plate illumination for state laws. I also tighten the chain and adjusted my headlights for proper height so I can see at night.

I'll be lowering it once i get the soupy's lowering link kit, as i'm of the shorter stature. Any other suggestions for things to do/check? This is my first streetbike!

Last edited:

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the purchase!

I would also put in new brake fluid, lube the clutch and throttle cables & check the air filter - if the previous owner let the coolant go that bad I would assume he wasn't up to speed with other maintenance either.

+ it's nice to have a fresh maintenance starting point with a new to you bike.

Last edited:

SirLanceralot

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the purchase!

I would also put in new brake fluid, lube the clutch and throttle cables & check the air filter - if the previous owner let the coolant go that bad I would assume he wasn't up to speed with other maintenance either.

+ it's nice to have a fresh maintenance starting point with a new to you bike.

Thanks for the input! I already checked the air filter, was actually a brand new one in there, so they at least checked that, haha! And i did clean and lube up the chain after I tightened it, but not the clutch/tb cables, I'll do that later today. Brake fluid is also on my list, just keep procrastinating because I hate bleeding brakes, haha

Last edited:

SirLanceralot

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn that sucks! It's been 110F during the day here past week or two (live in southern UT), so i try to get out and ride in the morning or evening if I can! I bled out all of my old brown brake fluid today with some nice clear new DOT4

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Rims are in the shop for new tires. Gonna try the Dunlop Q3s everyone is raving about.

My 5 year old Pirellis were feeling a bit wooden. Still got me stopped when I had a car pull out on me today.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
About 5 weeks ago I noticed that one of the 6 vertical set of LEDS i nmy tail light was out. and then it was ok and over the next few days it would be ok and then I'd try the brakes and that strip of LEDS would die.
So I finallty ordered a new LED smoked lens tail lamp and it arrived in about 10 days.and we have been so busy of late that it has sat in my tools cupboard for weeks waiting for some nice weather and time to replace it.
Today was the day. the "Wasp" got a big wash and then I stripped down the rear end, taking off seat, side pods and then the grab rail. I had forgotten how tricky the rear light it to remove and fit the new tail light. Added to that is my adittional hyper-lights. I had also forgotton that they are all integrated in the wiring. Fortunately I still had plenty of shrinkwrap so I could replicate the clean install I did few years back Out came the soldering iron..... Anyway long story short, I am fully roadworthy- lighting wise, now its just the cupping on the front tyre that will get replaced this week.

Nice to spend time in the sun working on the bike- next warm day will be riding-not just the daily commute

ride safe folks

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So today I got the new PR4 hoop on the front, can instantly feel the difference. And while the bike was with the service crew I go them to change out the front pads. I knew they would need doing soon and they reckoned that they wouldn't have lasted unil the next service which another mechanic had advised me of last time I was there, so they are consistent.

They did comment that the bike was nice and clean, I reckon it makes doing their job just a little easier not to have to wade through layers of road grime. They appreciated it, specially doing a tyre and brake pads.

SirLanceralot

Reaction score
Visit site
So today I got the new PR4 hoop on the front, can instantly feel the difference. And while the bike was with the service crew I go them to change out the front pads. I knew they would need doing soon and they reckoned that they wouldn't have lasted unil the next service which another mechanic had advised me of last time I was there, so they are consistent.

They did comment that the bike was nice and clean, I reckon it makes doing their job just a little easier not to have to wade through layers of road grime. They appreciated it, specially doing a tyre and brake pads.

I put a PR4 on the back a couple weeks ago, I love it! Gonna run a front PR4 next time it needs changing.

SirLanceralot

Reaction score
Visit site
New OEM chain and rear sprocket on today, put the vortex 17 tooth front sprocket on a week or so ago, was too anxious to wait to put it on, haha. I ride mostly highway at 80+ mph, and just the 17t sprocket makes a noticeable difference in a positive way. And wow, new chain feels like butter, old one was way overdue for a changing, don't think previous owner maintained it very well.

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
@50000 km;

New timing chain and coolant, valves adjusted (2 were out of spec, 3 borderline) and intakes synced.

This bike is now maintained better than a rich man's trophy wife! :D

regrebrief

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought it last weekend! Just bought the frame sliders last night. New tires and installing the sliders this weekend!