What did you do to your FZ today?

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today I crashed mine and completely broke the front/top fairing, back left bit, LOVE my protector thingy on the side, so now theres only a minor scratch on the, and I dunno how to translate this, the big black round think at the bottom of the engine :p, handlebars scratched, and ofcourse my ego. We went for a ride with some colleagues, and I crashed into him with about 20 km/h. hes got 150 euros damage, I got 2000 euros damage (lol..), insurance will cover it all though, should be brand new by the end of next week...

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I'm gonna ride it home and then to Ride Night! I have to put in All Balls soon :( the head is loose again...third time!

Then i'll save pennies for front forks as I like the rear right now as is...then eventually I'll do emulators up front and a valve in the rear for more plushness...uh huh

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Well yesterday I removed the AIS and installed a cat eliminator pipe, but today I took it for a ride.

First things I noticed, smoother shifting, smoother acceleration, no decel popping, etc.
Still got a lumpy idle, but since I only idle when I'm at stop lights, the positives outweigh the negatives!

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode home from work tonight in the dense fog. Luckily all the cages were staying in huddled masses in the slow lane leaving the fast lane empty for me. :D

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, for today i bought
1) - Arrow mid-pipe $96.00 with shipping.
2) - 1 x Rizoma Handlebars - Standard 22mm (MA001) = $71.00.
3) - MA502 Rizoma Bar Ends / Handlebar Caps (MA502) = $35.00.
4) - Rizoma Sport-line Billet Grips $59.00 (items 2, 3, 4, with shipping =$164.00.
5) - rear rim, tyre, sprocket, hub = $36.00 shipped to my door.
And I think that's all for now.
The next part I will be getting before the RC (hopefully fingers Cross) is going to be the full fairing for our bikes and that cost (in the stock color DRMK lave red or candy both colors are the same) $869.00 and i don't know what the shipping chargers would be.
So all the goodies will be done this weekend.

OK so a few day's ago i got almost everything in the mail. I did the following
1- fork sliders
2- swing-arms slinder's
3- mid-pipe
4- rizoma bars
5- rizoma bar-ends
6- rizoma grips
and that was all!!!

Burnspot

Reaction score
www.burningfiles.com
Today...hmm, well, I got my FZ completely dirty today while riding 2up with the wife over to Raleigh today (an hour from Rocky Mount, but 2 hours via backroads...no 64 slab for us, heh). We went car shopping for her, hitting up a number of lots plus the Cycle Gear shop there in town. Finally found a car she liked and ended up spending just enough time at the dealer closing the deal to be caught in the big storm that was moving through. Knew the storm was coming today, but didn't plan to be out riding late enough to "enjoy it"....big fail on that plan, lol. Guess it's time to wash it again.

newrider30

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I touched mine got a pinched nerve in my neck so I can't ride til I'm able to move my neck again I could ride but with my head tilted I would probably ride in circles

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ride, Ride, Ride, isn't that what you're suppose to do?

Actually, went on the Double D Fallen Rider Memorial run, about 200 bikes. Double D was an instructor at the Harley Dealership. He died last year when his bike hit head on with another vehcile when it flipped over onto the opposite side of the freeway median.

Here's some pics. By the way, that Harley Dealership in the background is the world's largest for you Harley gurus here on this forum. I know there's at least one of ya.

Last edited:

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
I went on a nice long ride with a couple friends . The route we went on is a local ride called a 3 pass blast for the fact that you go over three mountain passes it's kinda popular so you see a fare number of bikes on it
the days trip details

532293127_ULkTm-M.jpg

532293164_mCySq-M.jpg

532293710_j8hoT-M.jpg

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
Did some practicing in a parking lot for a little bit and then took a ride up Highway 101 to Oceanside. The weather was nice and cool for a slow ride.

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed frame sliders today! Had to make a quick run to Home Depot since I was missing some tools. Also, cleaned the chain and lubed it. Cleaned the wheels. Admired my work for some 10-15 mins (let the lube set) and took it for a spin!

Wiseric

Reaction score
Visit site
Removed all the rust from the silver radiators covers and resprayed then. they look much better now.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have taken my bike shopping the last couple of days. It decided on grip puppies, cigarette outlet, tailbag, tankbag, windshield, headlights, some chain lube, and a DIY camera mount. Since I took it shopping it also purchased me some new boots and a Scala headeset for my wife and I. Now I'm trying to keep the bike away from the stores until after the deals gap when we will look at new brakes and lines.

Burnspot

Reaction score
www.burningfiles.com
With my Haynes manual in hand, I started the process of removing the swingarm to get to the pivot point bearings (I'm a bit overdue on performing this maintenance) this evening. It only took a couple hours to break everything down, the pic below shows the stopping point for tonight. Tomorrow, I'll clean everything and start lubing the important stuff. I'm thinking this may be a good time to swap out the chain and sprockets if I can find a good price (staying stock)...hmm. They've got 23k miles on them.

This is the first time I've ever gone this far into deconstructing my bike for regular maintenance, lol. Thank goodness for having the right tools (from years of owning old VW's).