What Do You Think Of This Mod?

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
I decided to change the looks of my fz6 (even though I love the way it looks) So first off I dropped the front suspension about an inch which gave it a slightly more aggressive look but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. The next step I decided to take was lifting the rear end a bit and giving it an even more aggressive look. I can give more details if anybody is interested.

Also with this mod I was forced to replace my mid pipe. It took me about twelve hours to (1) go to the store and buy a pipe (2) bend it, cut it, bend it, weld it together (3) finally paint it black with BBQ spray paint and then fit everything back in to the bike.

I'll post pics and if anybody has questions I'll answer them as they come.
I'm interested in what other FZ6 owners think so post your opions whatever they may be.

I dont know how that changes the handling but I think it looks great!

but I would recommend that if you're going to go this route than at least put an 8 inch extended swing arm and a fat tire kit. nos bottle, and air shocks

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hummm....watch out for head shakes as the fork rake is a lot steeper now. Maybe instead of jacking the rear suspension up you made a new rear subframe to move the seat/rear of the bike up??? It would require some work but I think it could be done and you would keep your geometry closer to stock.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I LIke it, if it were mine i would lower the tail just a little some where between stock and where u have it now, but thats just me, i think i looks mean!

Paint colors look good as well.

All in All i think you have one killer FZ :rockon:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
P.S. I think the tail would be more widely accepted if the bike was nekkid :p

Exactly what I was thinking.. Convert the front and you have yourself a streetfighter!
It's cool to see something different, good job on building a unique bike! :rockon:

~Just be careful finding her new limits, she might do something completely unexpected...

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Joker, I really admire the fact that you bought tubing, bent it, cut it, welded it together, painted it, and installed it!!

In twelve hours!!!

It took me two hours to install a FE kit, specifically made for my '07! :rolleyes:

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Bringing this thread back from the grave but I just want to know how you lifted the rear like that. That is a bit much for my taste but I wouldn't mind going up a couple inches if its easy.

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One piece of angle iron, put it down where the sub frame (or whatever the part that supports your seat is called) then a piece of exhaust pipe from the local automotive shop in your town. I had to shave my seat down too. I just popped the staples off the bottom, peeled the vinly (or whatever material it is) back and then trimmed the cushion.

I have pics and stuff, just shoot me an email at [email protected] if you have any additional questions or need any other details. I don't really get on this web site very much any more.

P.S. Don't lower your bike in the front like me. It screws up the handling really badly.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
P.S. Don't lower your bike in the front like me. It screws up the handling really badly.
I thought that the instant I saw the bike! Must have been well twitchy to ride!

Looks nice though! The back looks so hardcore it looks like it's been photoshopped! :D Respect.

PVFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great. Keep an eye on the lower triple, I lowered mine one half inch and it looks to be as low as I can go with stock springs. Under hard braking the forks compress very close to the triple. You might be causing your forks to bottom out early, if it matters to you. Looks sweet! :rockon: