• Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 3.9%

• Total voters

Blackcombe

Reaction score
Visit site
sunnies under a clear visor unless you can swap to clear for nite rides, just makes it easier

Been doing the sunnies thing but I've either got to replace my sunnies or the visor as my sunnies are Oakley polarised and they actually make the lcd dash appear blank when I look at it unless I look down under my sunnies. Apparently its the Polarised coat that creates the issue. :rolleyes:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah its the polarising that blacks out liquid crystal displays, if you need to look at the speedo you can tilt your head to the side and mostly you'll get an idea of the speed,
well it works for me

Blackcombe

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I freaked out a little, the afternoon I bought it and picked it up I rode off from the seller with no sunnies on, stopped for fuel and put sunnies on to ride home and noticed display gone...... thought damn what's happened, what speed am I doing, what revs, what's this going to cost hahahaha. Got home, helmet and sunnies off and bang display was good.

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
Airoh TR1 full face with drop down sun screen and a pinstriped Rockhard open face both flat black.

JasonB

Reaction score
Visit site
I've just replaced my Shoei Raid II helmet with an AGV Compact Flip-Up in hi-vis yellow and black. Looks the mutts when I've got the Weise Hornet jacket on as well.

picture.php

kevlarorc

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had a Shoei RF-1000 for about 5 years. I went to Cyclegear today to try on some new helmets. I've been planning to get a new one sometime near the end of the year, waiting for prices to drop a little on the newest Shoei lineup. Specifically I went to try on the RF-1200, Qwest, and GT-Air. I knew that the X-12 was a race-oriented helmet and a bit noisy so it wasn't really on my radar. I did end up trying on the Arai Corsair V (most comfortable helmet ever)

The girl working there told me to hang on as she went to grab something from the back. They had a Silver X-12 in medium for $200...

Needless to say I bought it. Silver is not at all my favorite color for helmets but for that price I really could not pass it up. From my ride home I can definitely tell it's a lot louder helmet so I'll probably keep my RF-1000 for longer road trips and the X-12 for around town and more spirited riding. I'm going to miss my RF-1000 graphics. I'm considering getting someone in town to airbrush some wings back on.

Now I just need to sell this horribly uncomfortable EXO-400.
w98kOWr.jpg

Brandon

Fastest FZ6 on my street!
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently just got a white HJC CL-17 and I must say that it is an AMAZING helmet. I mean there is seriously nothing I would change on it. DOT and Snell 2010 certified. Has 8 vents that can all be closed for cold mornings. The cheek pads are unbelievably comfortable and it's actually a very quiet helmet. Went from black to the white to be more visable on the road. And for only $125 with better reviews than many Shoei and Arai helmets...I mean it's a no brainer! :)

Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate we need a picture, I am looking for a hi vis lid.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Oh pants! Only six months late, but I've just seen this! Lol.

6aqagagy.jpg

urunaty2.jpg

Just a couple off my phone. I think it gives a really good contrast. I have heard (I feel very valid) concerns of too much hi-viz being bad when the sun comes out. You can really see in those pictures, against the brighter(ish) carpark the black bike standing out, and against the hedges in the second pic, my helmet and jacket doing the job.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was using a black Scorpion but just bought a Shoei Qwest, white w/black graphics. I figure it'll be more visible, plus it looks cool! :rockon:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Black with the windshield tinted :thumbup:

Also have an all black bike so I match :D:thumbup:

The road is usually black too, so having everything black will blend into a point that you will become very difficult to see. Be careful, my slogan, Seeineandbeinseen!

vr46fan

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
cda3f4d0607164a74a0126f89a5e94ef.jpg

AGV grid with "stigma" graphics. The graphic wasn't really my first choice, but it was on closeout. And it looks a lot better in person.

It is fairly noisy, but bearable with ear plugs. Because of the neckrollWhen I put it on, it folds my ears over, so I have to jiggle it a bit, but after that it is a comfortable helmet. I have a clear and smoked visor, and they are very easy to switch.

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
Jell coated Carbon Fiber. My full face is an Xpeed 3000 CF and the open face is a Joe Rocket. I suppose they are ugly but I don't care. What matters to me is that the open face weighs 3 pounds and the Full face 3Lbs 4Oz. I am a head turner, using my mirrors only to check my teeth for seconds when leaving a restaurant. :Flash:

I will never own another helmet that isn't carbon fiber. 8 times stronger at 1/3 the weight plus it's cheaper then the fiberglass and thermoplastic junk.
Technology. Old style helmets are like a tube radio when transistors were invented. Quaint, but why?

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
The road is usually black too, so having everything black will blend into a point that you will become very difficult to see. Be careful, my slogan, Seeineandbeinseen!

I guess that works for you. I prefer NOT being seen. My job and joy as a rider is to see them and avoid the collision. I have had enough drivers look me in the eye while trying to kill me to know that psychopaths can get a drivers license too. I know it afonts political correctness but IMHO, 75% of accidents involving cars and motorcycles are not accidents. The safest kill for that psycho is running over a bike then telling the police "I didn't see it".

Different strokes.
The MSF (Motorcycle Safety Fraud) teaches that fluffy bunny BS. Which might be why Motorcycle deaths have gone up every year the MSF has been in business. That is overall, as a percentage of miles ridden (from title records, very iffy), or as a percentage of registrations. MSF is a scam that is killing young people.
When you are very young, your parents watch out for you. By the time one is old enough to own and operate a motorcycle they should be old enough to watch out for them self. The MSF in teaching the kids that others will watch out for them. That is wrong. It's a nice fluffy bunny idea with no basis in reality. If everybody watched out for them self, it would all work out better.
Rant over.
I know the MSF means well but the devil has his roads paved with good intentions. They ride rough.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got this Bell Star with a Transitions shield for my birthday in July. It replaces my old Bell Star which served me well for 4 1/2 years and 27,000 miles.