What to buy with $150.00????

I'm pretty covered for gear except a good pair of riding pants and boots. I also have a gps and mp3 player, but I haven't thought about moto-camping gear. Do they make some specifically for motorcyclists? I'll have to look into it.

Thanks,
Nick

If you don't have good pants and boots, that is the first place I would start. Pants and boots are mandatory in most people's books.

Two kegs of a good lager and invite us all over for a party?

+10000

If you don't have good pants and boots, that is the first place I would start. Pants and boots are mandatory in most people's books.

I recomend a good pair of boots. Ask Wolfman how he would be if it wasnt for his boots

Throttlemeister Besides the reduced vibration due to their role as heavier bar-end weights, they really do work great if you spend any time at all going in a straight line on the highway. I thought they were a waste of money... until I got them.

Two kegs of a good lager and invite us all over for a party?

Check out New Enough Motorcycle Apparel sells motorcycle jackets, pants and suits, boots, gloves, helmets, etc :: New Enough, LTD for boots and pants. They just put two Sidi boots on clearance today, both are $129.00 a pair.

Not sure if everybody would like to come to Iowa in the middle of winter, but if enough members are interested that could happen.

Thanks for the link, the discounted boots look nice.:thumbup:

Not sure if everybody would like to come to Iowa in the middle of winter, but if enough members are interested that could happen.

Thanks for the link, the discounted boots look nice.:thumbup:

Just for reference, I bought the Alpinestars Ridge waterproof boots here. I giot the first generation and while I was very happy with them, the inner liner ripped in the third season. This is supposed to be fixed in the version they now sell. Very nice boot for ALL weather. I wore these down to 36 degrees with standard socks and never got cold feet! Totally waterproof too. :thumbup:

As a matter of fact, I liked them so well, I'm ordering the new version next week to replace the broken ones. I'll still try and find a way to repair the old ones so I'll have a spare set for various reasons.

I'm going jump on the boots bandwagon - I've got two pair of Sidi's (waterproof and vented) and can't imagine riding without the protection and the improved function of riding boots.

If you decide you really want to spend it on the bike not you, Racetech fork springs seems like a good idea - I haven't done them myself but have the on the short list of things I want for the FZ6.

Pete,

Have you installed these on your FZ6? If so, did the install go smoothly?

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick,

Very easy to do. The hardest part is draining all of the old oil out. If I was doing this again I'd simply pull each fork leg off to drain the oil. That would add maybe 10 minutes to the whole process.

Regardless you got about $5,000 in great ideas so far. Maybe you should use the $150 to buy a pistol and a ski mask to rob a bank??? Then you could do all of then. j/k, don't ban me....PUHHHLLEEEEZZZ!

+1 on boots, brother.

Take a stick and whack yourself in the ankle and see how much fun it is -- and see how it affects your ability to just walk about. Then imagine that x10 (or more) and boots will seem like such a no-brainer...

PRO-bolt engine, fairing bolt kit, yolk nut, bar ends, grip's, Puig wind shield, oil cap (in the color of your bike for all the idea's i have).
Belly pan, F/E kit.

Last edited:
I appreciate all of the input guys..........it's going to be a very tough decision.

Back