What's the highest you've ever had your FZ of the ground?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1inNH-
would you give details on that winch? capacity? 12 volt? cost? I want one!!!

FB

Sure! - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices is the hoist and is more than capable for the job. It is rated for 1300 lbs in double line capacity, 1.5 HP 120 volt electric motor @ 8 amps. It barely grunts lifting 800 lbs.

This is mounted to a cape-style garage with loft rafters 24" on center. I used 4"x4" aluminum angle and put 4 pieces up sandwiching each rafter with one on each side and secured with 3/4" bolts. Then I drilled holes for 4 large U-bolts and suspended the hoist in those on a 1 1/2" galvanized steel pipe.

I did a deflection test by standing a 2x4 up against the rafters that this is mounted to and marked it. Then I hoisted her bike (at that time it was a heavy V Star 650 custom) about 1" off the ground then marked the 2x4 again. It deflected the rafters down 3/16th's of an inch. Sweet!

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't measure it but I'm thinking about one meter?

2813770979_c22a4bc965_b.jpg

BOY FZ1inNH, you sure trust that rafter, don't you.

I've always had my back wheel on the ground, but my front tire has been off the ground at least 3 feet, maybe a little more.:rockon:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
looks to me that it is supported through about 3 or 4 of those rafters, and i would trust it.. i have had half a car hanging from about 4 of my rafters, so that would be better than 1000 lbs., work on.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks to me that it is supported through about 3 or 4 of those rafters, and i would trust it.. i have had half a car hanging from about 4 of my rafters, so that would be better than 1000 lbs., work on.

Just two rafters. Here is a better angle since the first one looks a bit deceiving.

attachment.php