Whats wrong with this picture?

that really does suck!!! i'm not sure i would let that same mechanic touch my bike again!

funny story kinda like this though...my best friends brother worked at a dealership and an oil and lube guy...he was doing an oil change and changed the filter and all that great stuff and sent the car on its way...

oh yeah almost forgot the funny part ;)...he didn't put any oil back in the car!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

luckly they caught it before nething bad happened!

Yep, I'm now convinced to do at least that. Also looking into mounting my own tires, just haven't convinced myself it's worth purchasing the tools for something I will only use every couple years.

I get new tires about every 3 months (i rode 25k miles on my bike last year alone)... I wouldn't mount my own tires. Don't have the room for the balancer.

We all make mistakes but this is serious.
1. Return to the shop with the pictures.
2. Seek a groveling appology.
3. Ask to see the torque wrench that was used to torque the axle to the correct torque along with the mechanic.
4. Say if you ever do that again You will adjust the wrench to its highest setting and shove it up his A**:rockon:

That is just wrong!! Glad you saw it!

I had a similar thing earlier this year, after a front puncture the shop didn't tighten both pinch bolts. two weeks later i was on a freeway and notice the front end wasn't right...noisy with a bit wobbly. Pull over and found the axle is loose (lucky on by about one turn) and pinch bolts are very loose..(lucky both are still on)......

Fortunately the first owner never used or lost any of the tool kit!!

That shop will never touch my bike again for as long as I own it !

The axle screws in clock wise. The wheel turns clock wise .The wheel will not unscrew the axle.

So.... what shop was it?

My question too. Was it the big four brand shop on I-35 and Braker next to the Harley and Ducati shops?

If so I have had more problems with them. Ding-dongs who don't care if/when they screw up, and don't care if the customer is happy or not.

Back