Where do you keep the FZ during the winter?

Where do you keep the FZ during the winter?

• Inside the house

Votes: 27 3.8%
  • Heated garage/workshop

Votes: 120 17.0%
  • Unheated garage/shed

Votes: 301 42.6%
  • Outside under cover

Votes: 55 7.8%
  • Keep? I ride All year round!

Votes: 203 28.8%

• Total voters
I ride all year, but when not on the road my bikes are sadly just parked in the driveway with covers on them. (Well, the cover blew off the Fazer so I stole the one from the XT -- One must prioritize, right. So the XT is coverless at the moment, but it is my daily rider till I get new rubber for Faze so that's ok, I guess... You just have to make sure you wipe/scrape the ice off the seat in the morning or you're in for some sliding around.)

I am building a shed soon. I've got the plans ready and I hope to start construction in 2-3 weeks. I'll feel much better when they're under cover at night. :thumbup:

I ride all year, but when not on the road my bikes are sadly just parked in the driveway with covers on them. (Well, the cover blew off the Fazer so I stole the one from the XT -- One must prioritize, right. So the XT is coverless at the moment, but it is my daily rider till I get new rubber for Faze so that's ok, I guess... You just have to make sure you wipe/scrape the ice off the seat in the morning or you're in for some sliding around.)

I am building a shed soon. I've got the plans ready and I hope to start construction in 2-3 weeks. I'll feel much better when they're under cover at night. :thumbup:

2 bikes in the driveway? ,- You must live in a no-crime area.
I live out in a small village (250 people top in the village), and I would not be comfortable with the fiz in the driveway ...

I live in Florida and we don't get winter here, but i always keep my bike in the garage and the temperature in there is around 65-75* all the time.

2 bikes in the driveway? ,- You must live in a no-crime area.
I live out in a small village (250 people top in the village), and I would not be comfortable with the fiz in the driveway ...

No, I just have good insurance. And good neighbors. But they are still sitting ducks out there.

The shed will help ease my mind when it comes to security as well.

Mine is at a friend's house. I miss her, but he has a heated basement. There are six bikes stored over there - all are Harleys except my FZ6 and one Yamaha Virago. I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

Mine is at a friend's house. I miss her, but he has a heated basement. There are six bikes stored over there - all are Harleys except my FZ6 and one Yamaha Virago. I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

Make sure you check for parts on the floor when you go free her, - don't wonna end up with half a Harley stuck in your tire treads :)

I used to squeeze mine into the garage with the car but as you can imagine this wasn't very practical, so now the bike lives outside under a cover year-round.

IMG_2352.jpg

I ride mine when I can throughout winter. Our bike shed was self built (as you can tell) and still needs a coat of wood preserver to blend the wood collars together.

Getting permission from the boss was straight forward as we both ride :) The restraint was the amount of space, and that it had to fit below the kitchen window, or else not be able to see out. The roof also needed to be removable fairly easily in case we needed to get ladders up to the house or something.

It also has plenty of ventilation around the roof to help prevent condensation.

And the doors are tri-fold as space is so tight.

Last edited:
When I miss my FZ6, I keep close to me.

IKEA never saw this one coming when designing their home furnishings:thumbup:

mine sits in a single car garage with just the overflow fridge and freezer for company..it never gets too cold in there ,rain is our enemy in the UK

I used to squeeze mine into the garage with the car but as you can imagine this wasn't very practical, so now the bike lives outside under a cover year-round.

Andz do you keep it outside because the tsotsis can't ride. LOL
;)

Back