Where to buy kevlar?

Biggie_B

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to purchase Kevlar (the type sewn into riding jeans) and and sew it into the inside of my jersey. I have a perforated leather jacket, but on really hot days I prefer to use the jersey when I ride locally. Anyone know of a place that sells Kevlar fabric for a good price? Thanks!

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Before buying Kelvar, you should make sure you have the tools to work on it. Your run-a-mill scissors and sewing machine will give up quickly. It's a hard material to work with due to its properties. Also, if not sewed properly they will not hold when stressed and will be useless.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also consider even on a local ride, an impact is an impact even at low speed.

CE approved armor is important. When it comes to injury nothing is too expensive because......

I would like to encourage you to think about a decent textile jacket with approved armor. The best textile jacket would be a Motorport Kevlar product but I ride spirited in hot weather with a textile jacket that has CE approved armor.

What do you use for lower body protection?

Biggie_B

Reaction score
Visit site
Also consider even on a local ride, an impact is an impact even at low speed.

CE approved armor is important. When it comes to injury nothing is too expensive because......

I would like to encourage you to think about a decent textile jacket with approved armor. The best textile jacket would be a Motorport Kevlar product but I ride spirited in hot weather with a textile jacket that has CE approved armor.

What do you use for lower body protection?

I wear my hockey padding on top (elbow guards, padded shirt) under my jersey, so impact wise I should be ok. On the bottom I have tsx boots, sliders jeans, Hitachi knee guards, and padded hockey shorts with hip protection. I may opt for a textile jacket if the Kevlar is too expensive, but given everything I have to wear underneath, it's not my first choice. Thanks for the feedback.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to purchase Kevlar (the type sewn into riding jeans) and and sew it into the inside of my jersey. I have a perforated leather jacket, but on really hot days I prefer to use the jersey when I ride locally. Anyone know of a place that sells Kevlar fabric for a good price? Thanks!
My only word of caution would be that the surrounding material needs to be strong enough to support the aramid (kevlar) in case of a slide. If the surrounding material isn't strong enough you can imagine the aramid bunching or being ripped from the material around it......leaving you pretty much unprotected.

Draggin Jeans sells their "seconds" from their NC factory.....you might be able to get something well made and affordable there....or ask a member for help if you aren't close by.

Last edited: