Which Oil

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to service the bike and was checking out the various oils

What do folk in the UK tend to use that also helps with trying to lessen the clunk when going from 1st to second gear!

I was thinking of Yamalube as recommended but also came across motul and mobil1....

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Religion, politics, oil, and spark plugs..... Use the grade of oil specified in your owners manual. There is usually a chart with a temperature range.

Also as long as the oil is motorcycle specific because the bike wet clutch and transmission gears use in the same oil as the engine does.

Last edited:

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
Religion, politics oil, and spark plugs..... Use the grade of oil specified in your owners manual. There is usually a chart with a temperature range.

Also as long as the oil is motorcycle specific because the bike wet clutch and transmission gears use in the same oil as the engine does.

Thanks for the response. Its not the grade but manufacture that i am trying to pick....

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
Just done an oil change, I make sure it's done at the correct interval ( if not a bit early) and I always change the filter every time, don't forget the sump plug crush washer and buy a proper filter removal tool ( no a screwdriver through the filter doesn't count )

It actually take me longer to remove the belly pan (to get at the filter) than the oil change takes....

I've done all oil changes on my Fazer (except the 600 mile running in one) used Bel-ray the first time and then Yamalube for all the others.

As long as it's the right spec oil, use what ever you like ......

View attachment 52449

Sent from my HTC One on Vodafone 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 for me. Decent price and seems to consistently get good press.

Synthetic is marginally better at the end of service life as molecule chains better resist breaking. Weight is important. Brand probably isn't. Don't sweat the decision and enjoy the ride.

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
I usually spring for this stuff, and always use extra virgin:

olive-oil_sq-e4b656991b973d6de22fb74a05922bb0650e9e5a-s6-c30.jpg